There are schools offering nutrition degrees in Missouri!
Schools Offering Nutrition Programs in Missouri
The top-ranked school in Missouri with a nutrition program is University of Missouri-Columbia, which is located in Columbia. In 2010, it was ranked 60th nationwide. In 2010, University of Missouri-Columbia graduated 83 students from its nutrition program. Tuition at University of Missouri-Columbia was $8,501 per year.
The second-ranked school in Missouri with a nutrition program is Saint Louis University-Main Campus, which is located in Saint Louis. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. In 2010, 36 students graduated from Saint Louis University-Main Campus nutrition program. Saint Louis University-Main Campus charged in-state students $32,656 in tuition fees per year.
College of the Ozarks, which is located in Point Lookout, is the third-ranked school in Missouri that has a nutrition program. It received a ranking of 64th in the country in 2010. In 2010, College of the Ozarks graduated 1 students from its nutrition programs. College of the Ozarks charged in-state students $17,310 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Missouri's nutrition schools ranges from $32,656 per year to $2,490 per year. But, the average tuition is $11,015 per year. The Missouri nutrition schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Saint Louis University-Main Campus - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $32,656 per year
- Fontbonne University - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $20,380 per year
- College of the Ozarks - located in Point Lookout, students are charged $17,310 per year
The following Missouri nutrition schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Saint Louis Community College-Florissant Valley - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $2,490 per year
- Northwest Missouri State University - located in Maryville, students are charged $5,638 per year
- Lincoln University - located in Jefferson City, students are charged $6,175 per year
A nutrition degree from a Missouri school... what next?
A large number of Missouri nutrition graduates become nutritionists. 1,140 nutritionists were working in Missouri in 2010. In Missouri, the largest numbers of nutritionists work in the following counties:
- Bond County - 470 nutritionists
- Franklin County - 290 nutritionists
- Butler County - 90 nutritionists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 1,570 nutritionists will be working in Missouri state. This would require the number of nutritionists to grow by 1%.
A nutritionist in Missouri earns $46,580 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. nutritionists in Missouri had varying salaries from $27,530 to $84,230 per year in 2010. The following counties in Missouri have the highest average salaries for nutritionists:
- Boone County - $56,390 per year
- Audrain County - $53,260 per year
- Christian County - $49,620 per year
On average, nutritionists earns the least in the following Missouri counties:
- Jasper County - $38,270 per year
- Butler County - $40,140 per year
- Adair County - $42,290 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Missouri statistics regarding a career in nutrition. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse practitioning or healthcare.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nutrition in Missouri
- Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition in Missouri
- Master's Degree in Nutrition in Missouri
- Doctoral Degree in Nutrition in Missouri
Curious what studying Nutrition gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Missouri
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dietitians and Nutritionists||1,140||$46,580||2.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nutrition related jobs in Missouri