There are schools offering physical therapy programs in Missouri!
Schools Offering Physical Therapy Programs in Missouri
Each year, approximately 0.3% of Missouri graduates receive degrees in physical therapy. In other words, every year an estimated 585 physical therapists graduate from Missouri's 8 physical therapy schools.
The top-ranked school in Missouri with a physical therapy program is Washington University in St Louis, which is located in Saint Louis. In 2010, it was ranked 53rd nationwide. 80 students graduated with a degree in physical therapy from Washington University in St Louis in 2010. Tuition at Washington University in St Louis was $40,369 per year.
The second-ranked school in Missouri with a physical therapy program is University of Missouri-Columbia, which is located in Columbia. In 2010, it was ranked 60th nationwide. In 2010, University of Missouri-Columbia graduated 56 students from its physical therapy program. The tuition rate at University of Missouri-Columbia was $8,501 per year.
The third-ranked school in Missouri that has a physical therapy program is Saint Louis University-Main Campus. Saint Louis University-Main Campus, which was ranked 64th in the country in 2010, is located in Saint Louis. 94 students graduated with degree in physical therapy from Saint Louis University-Main Campus in 2010. Tuition at Saint Louis University-Main Campus was $32,656 per year.
Physical therapy schools in Missouri, charge students an average tuition of $19,292 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $40,369 per year, or as little as $6,276 per year. In 2010, the following Missouri physical therapy schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Washington University in St Louis - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $40,369 per year
- Saint Louis University-Main Campus - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $32,656 per year
- Rockhurst University - located in Kansas City, students are charged $27,340 per year
The physical therapy schools in Missouri that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Missouri State University - located in Springfield, students are charged $6,276 per year
- University of Missouri-Columbia - located in Columbia, students are charged $8,501 per year
- Southwest Baptist University - located in Bolivar, students are charged $17,280 per year
A physical therapy degree from a Missouri school... what next?
A large number of Missouri physical therapy graduates become physical therapists. Missouri had 4,140 physical therapists in 2010. The largest populations of Missouri physical therapists are working in the following counties:
- Bond County - 2,190 physical therapists
- Franklin County - 1,140 physical therapists
- Christian County - 430 physical therapists
The government projects that the number of physical therapists in Missouri will grow by 19%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 5,060 physical therapists working in Missouri.
On average, physical therapists earn $70,040 per year. However, Missouri physical therapists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $43,120 per year to more than $99,840 per year in 2010. The counties in Missouri with the highest average salary for a physical therapist are:
- Adair County - $76,720 per year
- Christian County - $76,530 per year
- Alexander County - $73,560 per year
The following counties in Missouri have the lowest average salaries for physical therapists:
- Boone County - $65,260 per year
- Audrain County - $66,750 per year
- Bond County - $68,860 per year
For more data regarding a career in physical therapy in Missouri and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or sports medicine, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy in Missouri
- Master's Degree in Physical Therapy in Missouri
- Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy in Missouri
Curious what studying Physical Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Missouri
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are physical therapy related jobs in Missouri