There are schools offering radiology technician programs in Missouri!
Schools Offering Radiology Programs in Missouri
The top-ranked school in Missouri that has a radiology technician program is Nichols Career Center. Nichols Career Center, which was ranked 53rd in the country in 2010, is located in Jefferson City. 8 students graduated with a degree in radiology technician from Nichols Career Center in 2010.
University of Missouri-Columbia, which is located in Columbia, is the second-ranked school in Missouri that has a radiology technician program. It received a ranking of 60th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 32 students graduated from University of Missouri-Columbia radiology technician program. Students at University of Missouri-Columbia paid $8,501 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Missouri with a radiology technician program is Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences, which is located in Cape Girardeau. In 2010, it was ranked 62nd nationwide. In 2010, Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences graduated 8 students from its radiology technician programs. Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences charged in-state students $13,800 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Missouri's radiology technician schools ranges from $32,656 per year to $1,704 per year. But, the average tuition is $7,890 per year. In 2010, the following Missouri radiology technician schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Saint Louis University-Main Campus - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $32,656 per year
- Avila University - located in Kansas City, students are charged $21,900 per year
- Drury University - located in Springfield, students are charged $19,854 per year
The radiology technician schools in Missouri that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- East Central College - located in Union, students are charged $1,704 per year
- State Fair Community College - located in Sedalia, students are charged $2,460 per year
- Metropolitan Community College-Penn Valley - located in Kansas City, students are charged $2,460 per year
A radiology technician degree from a Missouri school... what next?
A large number of Missouri radiology technician graduates become radiology technicians. If you decide to work as a radiology technician in Missouri, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 5,710 Missouri radiology technicians as of 2010. The largest populations of Missouri radiology technicians are working in the following counties:
- Bond County - 2,550 radiology technicians
- Franklin County - 2,130 radiology technicians
- Christian County - 450 radiology technicians
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 5,900 radiology technicians will be working in Missouri state. This would require the number of radiology technicians to grow by 9%.
On average, a radiology technician earns a salary of $49,080 per year in Missouri state. On average a radiology technician earns the most in the following Missouri counties:
- Boone County - $51,140 per year
- Franklin County - $51,100 per year
- Bond County - $49,760 per year
The Missouri counties with the lowest average salary for radiology technicians are:
- Adair County - $43,530 per year
- Butler County - $43,630 per year
- Jasper County - $45,450 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Missouri statistics regarding a career in radiology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Radiology in Missouri
- Bachelor's Degree in Radiology in Missouri
- Certificate in Radiology in Missouri
Curious what studying Radiology Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Missouri
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other||5,850||$161,840||114.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are radiology technician related jobs in Missouri