There are schools offering respiratory therapy programs in Missouri!
Schools Offering Respiratory Therapy Programs in Missouri
Around 0.2% of Missouri's graduates graduate from respiratory therapy degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 277 respiratory therapists graduate from Missouri's 16 respiratory therapy schools.
The top-ranked school in Missouri with a respiratory therapy program is University of Missouri-Columbia, which is located in Columbia. In 2010, it was ranked 60th nationwide. 18 students graduated with a degree in respiratory therapy from University of Missouri-Columbia in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Missouri-Columbia was $8,501 per year.
Missouri State University, which is located in Springfield, is the second-ranked school in Missouri that has a respiratory therapy program. It received a ranking of 65th in the country in 2010. 2 students graduated with degree in respiratory therapy from Missouri State University in 2010. The tuition rate at Missouri State University was $6,276 per year.
St. Louis College of Health Careers, which was ranked 65th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Missouri that has a respiratory therapy program. It is located in Fenton. 22 students graduated with degree in respiratory therapy from St. Louis College of Health Careers in 2010. The tuition rate at St. Louis College of Health Careers was $26,200 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Missouri's respiratory therapy schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $7,277 per year, though tuition can range from $26,200 per year to $1,704 per year. The Missouri respiratory therapy schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- St. Louis College of Health Careers - located in Fenton, students are charged $26,200 per year
- Drury University - located in Springfield, students are charged $19,854 per year
- Hannibal-Lagrange College - located in Hannibal, students are charged $15,996 per year
The respiratory therapy schools in Missouri that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- East Central College - located in Union, students are charged $1,704 per year
- Ozarks Technical Community College - located in Springfield, students are charged $2,352 per year
- Saint Louis Community College-Forest Park - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $2,490 per year
A respiratory therapy degree from a Missouri school... what next?
Most people who graduate from respiratory therapy school in Missouri go on to work as a respiratory therapist. Missouri had 2,910 respiratory therapists in 2010. The largest populations of Missouri respiratory therapists are working in the following counties:
- Bond County - 1,280 respiratory therapists
- Franklin County - 970 respiratory therapists
- Audrain County - 160 respiratory therapists
The government projects that the number of respiratory therapists in Missouri will grow by 16%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 3,260 respiratory therapists working in Missouri.
On average, a respiratory therapist earns a salary of $48,490 per year in Missouri state. However, Missouri respiratory therapists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $30,010 per year to more than $66,620 per year in 2010. On average a respiratory therapist earns the most in the following Missouri counties:
- Boone County - $50,750 per year
- Bond County - $50,470 per year
- Franklin County - $48,160 per year
The Missouri counties with the lowest average salary for respiratory therapists are:
- Barry County - $41,460 per year
- Butler County - $42,060 per year
- Adair County - $45,970 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Missouri statistics regarding a career in respiratory therapy and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in Missouri
- Bachelor's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in Missouri
- Certificate in Respiratory Therapy in Missouri
Curious what studying Respiratory Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Missouri
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Respiratory Therapy Technicians||460||$40,190||-54.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are respiratory therapy related jobs in Missouri