There are schools offering sports medicine degrees in Missouri!
Schools Offering Sports Medicine Programs in Missouri
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of Missouri receive sports medicine degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 383 sports medicine professionals graduate from Missouri's 14 sports medicine schools.
Lindenwood University, which was ranked 43rd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Missouri that has a sports medicine program. It is located in Saint Charles. In 2010, Lindenwood University graduated 16 students from its sports medicine program. Students at Lindenwood University paid $13,540 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Missouri with a sports medicine program is Saint Louis University-Main Campus, which is located in Saint Louis. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. In 2010, Saint Louis University-Main Campus graduated 8 students from its sports medicine program. Tuition at Saint Louis University-Main Campus was $32,656 per year.
The third-ranked school in Missouri with a sports medicine program is Missouri State University, which is located in Springfield. In 2010, it was ranked 65th nationwide. In 2010, 9 students graduated from Missouri State University sports medicine program. Students at Missouri State University paid $6,276 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Missouri's sports medicine schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $14,000 per year, though tuition can range from $32,656 per year to $6,255 per year. The Missouri sports medicine schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Saint Louis University-Main Campus - located in Saint Louis, students are charged $32,656 per year
- Culver-Stockton College - located in Canton, students are charged $22,550 per year
- Central Methodist University-College of Liberal Arts & Sciences - located in Fayette, students are charged $19,390 per year
The following Missouri sports medicine schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Southeast Missouri State University - located in Cape Girardeau, students are charged $6,255 per year
- Missouri State University - located in Springfield, students are charged $6,276 per year
- University of Central Missouri - located in Warrensburg, students are charged $6,585 per year
A sports medicine degree from a Missouri school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs sports medicine graduates in Missouri pursue include sports medicine coordinator , physical therapy professor, coach, physical therapist, and physical therapist assistant. In 2010, there were 18,450 sports medicine professional working in Missouri, including 5,850 sports medicine physicians, 370 sports medicine coordinator s, and 2,820 physical therapy professors. The Missouri counties with the largest populations of sports medicine professional are:
- Bond County - 10,710 sports medicine professionals
- Franklin County - 5,090 sports medicine professionals
- Christian County - 1,340 sports medicine professionals
The government projects that the number of sports medicine professionals in Missouri will grow by 21%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 9,800 sports medicine professionals working in Missouri. The greatest growth for sports medicine professional is predicted to be amongst Sports Medicine Coordinator s, who are expected to increase by 33% by 2018.
sports medicine professionals in Missouri make an average of $69,765 per year. But, salaries for sports medicine professional can vary. In 2010, sports medicine professional made as little as less than $15,730 per year or as much as more than $119,600 per year in Missouri. Sports medicine professionals in the following Missouri counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Alexander County - $94,245 per year
- Adair County - $90,100 per year
- Doniphan County - $89,975 per year
On average, sports medicine professionals earn the least in the following Missouri counties:
- Callaway County - $39,040 per year
- Jasper County - $49,797 per year
- Audrain County - $63,133 per year
On average, the highest paid sports medicine professionals in Missouri were:
- Sports Medicine Physician - $161,840 per year
- Physical Therapy Professor - $70,180 per year
- Physical Therapist - $70,040 per year
On average, the lowest paid sports medicine professionals in Missouri were:
- Sports Medicine Coordinator - $37,980 per year
- Coach - $30,740 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Missouri statistics regarding a career in sports medicine. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy or sports medicine.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Sports Medicine in Missouri
- Bachelor's Degree in Sports Medicine in Missouri
- Master's Degree in Sports Medicine in Missouri
- Certificate in Sports Medicine in Missouri
Curious what studying Sports Medicine gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Missouri
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other||5,850||$161,840||114.3%|
|Coaches and Scouts||3,500||$30,740||-12.9%|
|Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary||2,820||$70,180||-26.6%|
|Physical Therapist Assistants||1,770||$47,810||30.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sports medicine related jobs in Missouri