There are schools offering accounting degrees in Montana!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in Montana
Carroll College, which was ranked 37th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Montana that has a accounting program. It is located in Helena. 10 students graduated with a degree in accounting from Carroll College in 2010. Carroll College charged in-state students $23,594 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Montana that has a accounting program is The University of Montana. The University of Montana, which was ranked 37th in the country in 2010, is located in Missoula. 77 students graduated with degree in accounting from The University of Montana in 2010. Tuition at The University of Montana was $5,476 per year.
The third-ranked school in Montana with a accounting program is Rocky Mountain College, which is located in Billings. In 2010, it was ranked 44th nationwide. In 2010, Rocky Mountain College graduated 6 students from its accounting programs. Students at Rocky Mountain College paid $21,100 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Montana's accounting schools ranges from $23,594 per year to $2,250 per year. But, the average tuition is $7,683 per year. In 2010, the accounting schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Montana were:
- Carroll College - located in Helena, students are charged $23,594 per year
- Rocky Mountain College - located in Billings, students are charged $21,100 per year
- University of Great Falls - located in Great Falls, students are charged $18,956 per year
The accounting schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Montana were:
- Fort Peck Community College - located in Poplar, students are charged $2,250 per year
- Stone Child College - located in Box Elder, students are charged $2,450 per year
- Montana State University-Great Falls College of Technology - located in Great Falls, students are charged $3,024 per year
An accounting degree from a Montana school... what next?
The highest percentage of accounting graduates in Montana pursue careers as an accountant. In 2010, there were 2,980 accountants working in Montana. In Montana, the largest numbers of accountants work in the following counties:
- Beaverhead County - 1,010 accountants
- Carbon County - 630 accountants
- Flathead County - 450 accountants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of accountants is expected to grow by 18% by 2018. There are projected to be 3,540 accountants working in the Montana then.
On average, an accountant earns a salary of $54,260 per year in Montana state. However, this number is only an average. accountants in Montana had varying salaries from $27,180 to $118,940 per year in 2010. The following counties in Montana have the highest average salaries for accountants:
- Cascade County - $65,250 per year
- Flathead County - $60,870 per year
- Missoula County - $53,390 per year
The Montana counties with the lowest average salary for accountants are:
- Big Horn County - $45,750 per year
- Carbon County - $50,990 per year
- Carter County - $51,890 per year
For more data regarding a career in accounting in Montana and to compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in Montana
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in Montana
- Master's Degree in Accounting in Montana
- Certificate in Accounting in Montana
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Montana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||11,240||$30,630||31.5%|
|Accountants and Auditors||2,980||$54,260||1.4%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||1,790||$30,010||-14.4%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||720||$31,980||7.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in Montana