There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Montana!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Montana
Each year, approximately 0.3% of Montana graduates receive certificates in administrative assisting. Thus, Montana's 12 administrative assistant schools put out approximately 44 administrative assistants each year.
The University of Montana, which was ranked 37th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Montana that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Missoula. In 2010, The University of Montana graduated 7 students from its administrative assistant program. Tuition at The University of Montana was $5,476 per year.
Salish Kootenai College, which was ranked 77th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Montana that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Pablo. In 2010, Salish Kootenai College graduated 2 students from its administrative assistant program. Students at Salish Kootenai College paid $4,002 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Montana that has a administrative assistant program is Dawson Community College. Dawson Community College, which was ranked 78th in the country in 2010, is located in Glendive. In 2010, 0 students graduated from Dawson Community College administrative assistant program. The tuition rate at Dawson Community College was $2,856 per year.
Tuition at Montana's administrative assistant schools ranges from $5,476 per year to $2,250 per year. But, the average tuition is $3,167 per year. The Montana administrative assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- The University of Montana - located in Missoula, students are charged $5,476 per year
- Salish Kootenai College - located in Pablo, students are charged $4,002 per year
- Montana State University-Billings-College of Technology - located in Billings, students are charged $3,693 per year
The administrative assistant schools in Montana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Fort Peck Community College - located in Poplar, students are charged $2,250 per year
- Chief Dull Knife College - located in Lame Deer, students are charged $2,260 per year
- Fort Belknap College - located in Harlem, students are charged $2,410 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from a Montana school... what next?
The highest percentage of administrative assistant graduates in Montana pursue careers as an administrative assistant. In 2010, there were 2,120 administrative assistants working in Montana. The largest populations of Montana administrative assistants are working in the following counties:
- Beaverhead County - 650 administrative assistants
- Missoula County - 370 administrative assistants
- Carbon County - 370 administrative assistants
The government projects that the number of administrative assistants in Montana will grow by 13%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 5,930 administrative assistants working in Montana.
An administrative assistant in Montana makes an average of $38,190 per year. However, this number is only an average. administrative assistants in Montana had varying salaries from $19,500 to $63,370 per year in 2010. The counties in Montana with the highest average salary for an administrative assistant are:
- Beaverhead County - $40,190 per year
- Carbon County - $38,430 per year
- Flathead County - $37,890 per year
The following counties in Montana have the lowest average salaries for administrative assistants:
- Carter County - $33,680 per year
- Missoula County - $36,340 per year
- Cascade County - $36,450 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Montana statistics regarding a career in administrative assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Montana
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Montana
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Montana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||9,880||$27,260||35.9%|
|Office Clerks, General||5,320||$24,850||-22.7%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||2,120||$38,190||-64.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Montana