There are schools offering art classes in Montana!
Schools Offering Art Programs in Montana
The top-ranked school in Montana with a art program is The University of Montana, which is located in Missoula. In 2010, it was ranked 37th nationwide. 26 students graduated with a degree in art from The University of Montana in 2010. The tuition rate at The University of Montana was $5,476 per year.
Rocky Mountain College, which is located in Billings, is the second-ranked school in Montana that has a art program. It received a ranking of 44th in the country in 2010. 6 students graduated with degree in art from Rocky Mountain College in 2010. Students at Rocky Mountain College paid $21,100 per year in tuition fees.
Montana State University-Northern, which was ranked 44th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Montana that has a art program. It is located in Havre. In 2010, 3 students graduated from Montana State University-Northern art program. Students at Montana State University-Northern paid $5,480 per year in tuition fees.
Art schools in Montana, charge students an average tuition of $7,451 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $21,100 per year, or as little as $2,450 per year. In 2010, the following Montana art schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Rocky Mountain College - located in Billings, students are charged $21,100 per year
- University of Great Falls - located in Great Falls, students are charged $18,956 per year
- Montana State University - located in Bozeman, students are charged $6,168 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Montana art schools were charged at the following schools:
- Stone Child College - located in Box Elder, students are charged $2,450 per year
- Montana State University-Great Falls College of Technology - located in Great Falls, students are charged $3,024 per year
- University of Montana-Helena College of Technology - located in Helena, students are charged $3,030 per year
An art degree from a Montana school... what next?
Most people who graduate from art school in Montana go on to work as an artist. 40 artists were working in Montana in 2010. In Montana, the largest numbers of artists work in the following counties:
- Beaverhead County - 30 artists
An artist in Montana makes an average of $38,420 per year. However, this number is only an average. artists in Montana had varying salaries from $17,160 to $42,990 per year in 2010. The following counties in Montana have the highest average salaries for artists:
- Beaverhead County - $29,530 per year
For more data regarding a career in art in Montana and to compare salaries with various related fields such as animation or art, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Art in Montana
- Bachelor's Degree in Art in Montana
- Certificate in Art in Montana
Curious what studying Art gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Montana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||40||$38,420||33.3%|
|Artists and Related Workers, All Other||40||$39,770||0.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are art related jobs in Montana