There are schools offering bookkeeping courses in Montana!
Schools Offering Bookkeeping Programs in Montana
The top-ranked school in Montana with a bookkeeping program is The University of Montana, which is located in Missoula. In 2010, it was ranked 37th nationwide. In 2010, The University of Montana graduated 10 students from its bookkeeping program. The tuition rate at The University of Montana was $5,476 per year.
The second-ranked school in Montana with a bookkeeping program is Miles Community College, which is located in Miles City. In 2010, it was ranked 78th nationwide. In 2010, Miles Community College graduated 0 students from its bookkeeping program. The tuition rate at Miles Community College was $3,420 per year.
The third-ranked school in Montana that has a bookkeeping program is Montana State University-Billings-College of Technology. Montana State University-Billings-College of Technology, which was ranked 84th in the country in 2010, is located in Billings. In 2010, Montana State University-Billings-College of Technology graduated 7 students from its bookkeeping programs. Montana State University-Billings-College of Technology charged in-state students $3,693 in tuition fees per year.
Bookkeeping schools in Montana, charge students an average tuition of $3,432 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $5,476 per year, or as little as $2,250 per year. The Montana bookkeeping schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- The University of Montana - located in Missoula, students are charged $5,476 per year
- Montana State University-Billings-College of Technology - located in Billings, students are charged $3,693 per year
- Miles Community College - located in Miles City, students are charged $3,420 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Montana bookkeeping schools were charged at the following schools:
- Fort Peck Community College - located in Poplar, students are charged $2,250 per year
- Montana State University-Great Falls College of Technology - located in Great Falls, students are charged $3,024 per year
- University of Montana-Helena College of Technology - located in Helena, students are charged $3,030 per year
A bookkeeping certificate from a Montana school... what next?
The highest percentage of bookkeeping graduates in Montana pursue careers as a bookkeeping clerk. If you decide to work as a bookkeeping clerk in Montana, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 11,240 Montana bookkeeping clerks as of 2010. In Montana, the largest numbers of bookkeeping clerks work in the following counties:
- Beaverhead County - 3,110 bookkeeping clerks
- Carbon County - 1,980 bookkeeping clerks
- Flathead County - 1,870 bookkeeping clerks
The government projects that by 2018, the number of bookkeeping clerks in the state of Montana will grow to 14,070. This would require a 13% growth in the profession.
A bookkeeping clerk in Montana earns $30,630 per year on average. But, salaries for bookkeeping clerks can vary. In 2010, bookkeeping clerks made as little as less than $16,640 per year or as much as more than $47,840 per year in Montana. The following counties in Montana have the highest average salaries for bookkeeping clerks:
- Beaverhead County - $32,540 per year
- Flathead County - $31,040 per year
- Missoula County - $30,640 per year
A bookkeeping clerk in the following counties in Montana make the lowest salaries on average:
- Big Horn County - $26,790 per year
- Cascade County - $29,270 per year
- Carter County - $30,140 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Montana statistics regarding a career in bookkeeping. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as small business or finance.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Bookkeeping in Montana
- Certificate in Bookkeeping in Montana
Curious what studying Bookkeeping gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Montana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||11,240||$30,630||31.5%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||1,790||$30,010||-14.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are bookkeeping related jobs in Montana