There are schools offering business administration degrees in Montana!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in Montana
Around 3.3% of Montana's graduates graduate from business administration degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 565 general managers graduate from Montana's 16 business administration schools.
Carroll College, which is located in Helena, is the top-ranked school in Montana that has a business administration program. It received a ranking of 37th in the country in 2010. 32 students graduated with a degree in business administration from Carroll College in 2010. The tuition rate at Carroll College was $23,594 per year.
The University of Montana, which was ranked 37th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Montana that has a business administration program. It is located in Missoula. 401 students graduated with degree in business administration from The University of Montana in 2010. Tuition at The University of Montana was $5,476 per year.
Rocky Mountain College, which was ranked 37th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Montana that has a business administration program. It is located in Billings. 24 students graduated with degree in business administration from Rocky Mountain College in 2010. The tuition rate at Rocky Mountain College was $21,100 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Montana's business administration schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $6,746 per year, though tuition can range from $23,594 per year to $2,190 per year. The Montana business administration schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Carroll College - located in Helena, students are charged $23,594 per year
- Rocky Mountain College - located in Billings, students are charged $21,100 per year
- University of Great Falls - located in Great Falls, students are charged $18,956 per year
The business administration schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Montana were:
- Blackfeet Community College - located in Browning, students are charged $2,190 per year
- Fort Peck Community College - located in Poplar, students are charged $2,250 per year
- Chief Dull Knife College - located in Lame Deer, students are charged $2,260 per year
A business administration degree from a Montana school... what next?
Most people who graduate from business administration school in Montana go on to work as a general manager. In 2010, there were 5,070 general managers working in Montana. In Montana, the largest numbers of general managers work in the following counties:
- Beaverhead County - 1,590 general managers
- Carbon County - 1,040 general managers
- Missoula County - 770 general managers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of general managers is expected to grow by 5% by 2018. There are projected to be 6,910 general managers working in the Montana then.
A general manager in Montana makes an average of $80,850 per year. However, Montana general managers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $29,610 per year to more than $154,880 per year in 2010. The following counties in Montana have the highest average salaries for general managers:
- Carbon County - $83,510 per year
- Flathead County - $81,290 per year
- Cascade County - $81,200 per year
The Montana counties with the lowest average salary for general managers are:
- Big Horn County - $79,050 per year
- Missoula County - $79,090 per year
- Carter County - $79,230 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Montana statistics regarding a career in business administration. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as project management or administrative assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in Montana
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in Montana
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in Montana
- Certificate in Business Administration in Montana
Curious what studying Business Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Montana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||5,070||$80,850||-52.2%|
|Administrative Services Managers||310||$63,360||-39.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business administration related jobs in Montana