There are schools offering computer networking courses in Montana!
Schools Offering Computer Networking Programs in Montana
Each year, approximately 0.2% of Montana graduates receive degrees in computer networking. Thus, Montana's 7 computer networking schools put out approximately 26 computer network administrators each year.
The top-ranked school in Montana that has a computer networking program is Montana Tech of the University of Montana. Montana Tech of the University of Montana, which was ranked 72nd in the country in 2010, is located in Butte. In 2010, 4 students graduated from Montana Tech of the University of Montana's computer networking program. The tuition rate at Montana Tech of the University of Montana was $6,162 per year.
Miles Community College, which was ranked 78th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Montana that has a computer networking program. It is located in Miles City. Tuition at Miles Community College was $3,420 per year.
The third-ranked school in Montana with a computer networking program is Montana State University-Billings-College of Technology, which is located in Billings. In 2010, it was ranked 84th nationwide. In 2010, Montana State University-Billings-College of Technology graduated 10 students from its computer networking programs. Montana State University-Billings-College of Technology charged in-state students $3,693 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Montana's computer networking schools ranges from $6,162 per year to $2,190 per year. But, the average tuition is $3,410 per year. The Montana computer networking schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Montana Tech of the University of Montana - located in Butte, students are charged $6,162 per year
- Montana State University-Billings-College of Technology - located in Billings, students are charged $3,693 per year
- Miles Community College - located in Miles City, students are charged $3,420 per year
The computer networking schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Montana were:
- Blackfeet Community College - located in Browning, students are charged $2,190 per year
- Fort Peck Community College - located in Poplar, students are charged $2,250 per year
- Montana State University-Great Falls College of Technology - located in Great Falls, students are charged $3,024 per year
A computer networking degree from a Montana school... what next?
Most people who graduate from computer networking school in Montana go on to work as a computer network administrator. If you decide to work as a computer network administrator in Montana, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 880 Montana computer network administrators as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Montana computer network administrators:
- Beaverhead County - 350 computer network administrators
- Carbon County - 150 computer network administrators
- Missoula County - 130 computer network administrators
The government projects that the number of computer network administrators in Montana will grow by 21%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 960 computer network administrators working in Montana.
A computer network administrator in Montana earns $52,760 per year on average. A computer network administrator in the following Montana counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Big Horn County - $55,200 per year
- Flathead County - $54,850 per year
- Beaverhead County - $53,900 per year
The following counties in Montana have the lowest average salaries for computer network administrators:
- Cascade County - $48,950 per year
- Carter County - $49,390 per year
- Missoula County - $50,120 per year
For more data regarding a career in computer networking in Montana and to compare salaries with various related fields such as computer science or computer networking, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Networking in Montana
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Networking in Montana
- Certificate in Computer Networking in Montana
Curious what studying Computer Networking gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Montana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||40||$53,430|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer networking related jobs in Montana