There are schools offering early childhood education certificates in Montana!
Schools Offering Early Childhood Education Programs in Montana
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Montana students graduate with degrees in early childhood education. In other words, every year an estimated 31 early childhood education professionals graduate from Montana's 7 early childhood education schools.
Salish Kootenai College, which was ranked 77th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Montana that has a early childhood education program. It is located in Pablo. 3 students graduated with a degree in early childhood education from Salish Kootenai College in 2010. Students at Salish Kootenai College paid $4,002 per year in tuition fees.
Fort Belknap College, which is located in Harlem, is the second-ranked school in Montana that has a early childhood education program. It received a ranking of 83rd in the country in 2010. Fort Belknap College charged in-state students $2,410 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Montana with a early childhood education program is The University of Montana-Western, which is located in Dillon. In 2010, it was ranked 83rd nationwide. In 2010, 20 students graduated from The University of Montana-Western early childhood education program. Students at The University of Montana-Western paid $3,696 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Montana early childhood education school, average tuition will be $5,327 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,190 per year to $18,956 per year. In 2010, the early childhood education schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Montana were:
- University of Great Falls - located in Great Falls, students are charged $18,956 per year
- Salish Kootenai College - located in Pablo, students are charged $4,002 per year
- The University of Montana-Western - located in Dillon, students are charged $3,696 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Montana early childhood education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Blackfeet Community College - located in Browning, students are charged $2,190 per year
- Fort Belknap College - located in Harlem, students are charged $2,410 per year
- Stone Child College - located in Box Elder, students are charged $2,450 per year
An early childhood education degree from a Montana school... what next?
early childhood education graduates in Montana can go into a variety of professions such as kindergarten teacher, elementary school teacher, and preschool director. In 2010, there were 6,870 early childhood education professional working in Montana, including 840 preschool teachers, 670 kindergarten teachers, and 5,280 elementary school teachers. The Montana counties with the largest populations of early childhood education professional are:
- Flathead County - 1,850 early childhood education professionals
- Big Horn County - 1,070 early childhood education professionals
- Beaverhead County - 940 early childhood education professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of early childhood education professionals in the state of Montana will grow to 8,600. This would require a 9% growth in the field.
early childhood education professionals in Montana make an average of $36,293 per year. In 2010, however, some Montana early childhood education professional earned as little as less than $15,480 per year or as much as more than $70,780 per year. On average early childhood education professional earn the most in the following Montana counties:
- Carbon County - $40,970 per year
- Missoula County - $39,830 per year
- Flathead County - $36,227 per year
Early childhood education professionals in the following counties in Montana make the lowest salaries on average:
- Cascade County - $31,020 per year
- Carter County - $31,640 per year
- Big Horn County - $33,977 per year
On average, the highest paid early childhood education professionals in Montana were:
- Elementary School Teacher - $41,900 per year
- Preschool Director - $40,350 per year
- Kindergarten Teacher - $38,220 per year
On average, the lowest paid early childhood education professionals in Montana were:
- Kindergarten Teacher - $38,220 per year
- Preschool Teacher - $24,700 per year
For more data regarding a career in early childhood education in Montana and to compare salaries with various related fields such as early childhood education or , take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Montana
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Montana
Curious what studying Early Childhood Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Montana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||5,280||$41,900||-9.7%|
|Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education||840||$24,700||27.3%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||670||$38,220||9.8%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||80||$40,350||-27.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are early childhood education related jobs in Montana