There are schools offering elementary education degrees in Montana!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in Montana
Approximately 1.4% of graduates in of Montana receive elementary education degrees every year. That means an estimated 236 elementary educators graduate from Montana's 10 elementary education schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Montana that has a elementary education program is Carroll College. Carroll College, which was ranked 37th in the country in 2010, is located in Helena. 2 students graduated with a degree in elementary education from Carroll College in 2010. Students at Carroll College paid $23,594 per year in tuition fees.
Rocky Mountain College, which is located in Billings, is the second-ranked school in Montana that has a elementary education program. It received a ranking of 44th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Rocky Mountain College graduated 11 students from its elementary education program. Students at Rocky Mountain College paid $21,100 per year in tuition fees.
Montana State University-Northern, which was ranked 44th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Montana that has a elementary education program. It is located in Havre. In 2010, Montana State University-Northern graduated 19 students from its elementary education programs. Tuition at Montana State University-Northern was $5,480 per year.
Tuition at Montana's elementary education schools ranges from $23,594 per year to $2,190 per year. But, the average tuition is $9,159 per year. The Montana elementary education schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Carroll College - located in Helena, students are charged $23,594 per year
- Rocky Mountain College - located in Billings, students are charged $21,100 per year
- University of Great Falls - located in Great Falls, students are charged $18,956 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Montana elementary education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Blackfeet Community College - located in Browning, students are charged $2,190 per year
- Fort Belknap College - located in Harlem, students are charged $2,410 per year
- Stone Child College - located in Box Elder, students are charged $2,450 per year
An elementary education degree from a Montana school... what next?
The highest percentage of elementary education graduates in Montana pursue careers as an elementary educator. Montana had 5,280 elementary educators in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Montana elementary educators:
- Flathead County - 1,540 elementary educators
- Beaverhead County - 940 elementary educators
- Big Horn County - 870 elementary educators
The government projects that the number of elementary educators in Montana will grow by 3%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 5,960 elementary educators working in Montana.
On average, elementary educators earn $41,900 per year. In 2010, however, some Montana elementary educators earned as little as less than $21,890 per year or as much as more than $70,780 per year. An elementary educator in the following Montana counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Missoula County - $48,240 per year
- Beaverhead County - $44,690 per year
- Flathead County - $44,000 per year
The following counties in Montana have the lowest average salaries for elementary educators:
- Carter County - $34,380 per year
- Big Horn County - $37,340 per year
- Carbon County - $41,220 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Montana statistics regarding a career in elementary education and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as ESL or early childhood education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Elementary Education in Montana
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in Montana
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Montana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||5,280||$41,900||-9.7%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||690||$67,140||-5.5%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||670||$38,220||9.8%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||460||$37,870||-24.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in Montana