There are schools offering accounting degrees in Nebraska!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in Nebraska
Union College, which was ranked 36th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Nebraska that has a accounting program. It is located in Lincoln. In 2010, Union College graduated 2 students from its accounting program. Tuition at Union College was $18,150 per year.
Midland Lutheran College, which was ranked 48th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Nebraska that has a accounting program. It is located in Fremont. 17 students graduated with degree in accounting from Midland Lutheran College in 2010. Tuition at Midland Lutheran College was $23,664 per year.
The third-ranked school in Nebraska with a accounting program is University of Nebraska-Lincoln, which is located in Lincoln. In 2010, it was ranked 60th nationwide. 130 students graduated with degree in accounting from University of Nebraska-Lincoln in 2010. Students at University of Nebraska-Lincoln paid $7,224 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Nebraska's accounting schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $14,045 per year, though tuition can range from $30,578 per year to $2,040 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Nebraska accounting schools were charged at the following schools:
- Creighton University - located in Omaha, students are charged $30,578 per year
- Midland Lutheran College - located in Fremont, students are charged $23,664 per year
- Nebraska Wesleyan University - located in Lincoln, students are charged $23,474 per year
The accounting schools in Nebraska that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Western Nebraska Community College - located in Scottsbluff, students are charged $2,040 per year
- Metropolitan Community College Area - located in Omaha, students are charged $2,385 per year
- Northeast Community College - located in Norfolk, students are charged $2,612 per year
An accounting degree from a Nebraska school... what next?
A large number of Nebraska accounting graduates become accountants. In 2010, there were 7,160 accountants working in Nebraska. The Nebraska counties with the largest populations of accountants are:
- Harrison County - 4,230 accountants
- Lancaster County - 1,330 accountants
- Adams County - 570 accountants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of accountants is expected to grow by 20% by 2018. There are projected to be 10,680 accountants working in the Nebraska then.
On average, an accountant earns a salary of $62,610 per year in Nebraska state. In 2010, however, some Nebraska accountants earned as little as less than $31,710 per year or as much as more than $109,460 per year. The counties in Nebraska with the highest average salary for an accountant are:
- Harrison County - $65,210 per year
- Antelope County - $63,240 per year
- Lancaster County - $59,770 per year
The Nebraska counties with the lowest average salary for accountants are:
- Arthur County - $54,530 per year
- Adams County - $55,860 per year
- Butler County - $59,540 per year
For more data regarding a career in accounting in Nebraska and to compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in Nebraska
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in Nebraska
- Master's Degree in Accounting in Nebraska
- Certificate in Accounting in Nebraska
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Nebraska
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||15,990||$29,930||-10.5%|
|Accountants and Auditors||7,160||$62,610||-4.0%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||2,960||$30,690||-0.7%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||1,330||$32,010||8.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in Nebraska