There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Nebraska!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Nebraska
Each year, approximately 0.3% of Nebraska graduates receive certificates in administrative assisting. That means an estimated 148 administrative assistants graduate from Nebraska's 7 administrative assistant schools each year.
Midland Lutheran College, which was ranked 48th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Nebraska that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Fremont. no students graduated with a certificate in administrative assistant from Midland Lutheran College in 2010. Midland Lutheran College charged in-state students $23,664 in tuition fees per year.
Northeast Community College, which is located in Norfolk, is the second-ranked school in Nebraska that has a administrative assistant program. It received a ranking of 75th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Northeast Community College graduated 9 students from its administrative assistant program. Students at Northeast Community College paid $2,612 per year in tuition fees.
Mid-Plains Community College, which was ranked 75th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Nebraska that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in North Platte. 14 students graduated with certificate in administrative assistant from Mid-Plains Community College in 2010. The tuition rate at Mid-Plains Community College was $2,550 per year.
If you choose to attend a Nebraska administrative assistant school, average tuition will be $5,412 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,040 per year to $23,664 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Nebraska administrative assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Midland Lutheran College - located in Fremont, students are charged $23,664 per year
- Northeast Community College - located in Norfolk, students are charged $2,612 per year
- Mid-Plains Community College - located in North Platte, students are charged $2,550 per year
The following Nebraska administrative assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Western Nebraska Community College - located in Scottsbluff, students are charged $2,040 per year
- Southeast Community College Area - located in Lincoln, students are charged $2,205 per year
- Metropolitan Community College Area - located in Omaha, students are charged $2,385 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from a Nebraska school... what next?
A large number of Nebraska administrative assistant graduates become administrative assistants. In 2010, there were 6,630 administrative assistants working in Nebraska. The Nebraska counties with the largest populations of administrative assistants are:
- Harrison County - 3,210 administrative assistants
- Lancaster County - 1,880 administrative assistants
- Antelope County - 480 administrative assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 10,360 administrative assistants will be working in Nebraska state. This would require the number of administrative assistants to grow by 11%.
On average, administrative assistants earn $37,490 per year. But, salaries for administrative assistants can vary. In 2010, administrative assistants made as little as less than $21,000 per year or as much as more than $56,130 per year in Nebraska. The counties in Nebraska with the highest average salary for an administrative assistant are:
- Butler County - $39,680 per year
- Harrison County - $39,610 per year
- Lancaster County - $37,230 per year
The Nebraska counties with the lowest average salary for administrative assistants are:
- Antelope County - $32,050 per year
- Arthur County - $32,640 per year
- Adams County - $33,010 per year
For more data regarding a career in administrative assisting in Nebraska and to compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Nebraska
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Nebraska
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Nebraska
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Office Clerks, General||15,460||$23,250||-11.9%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||13,300||$27,990||24.5%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||6,630||$37,490||-23.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Nebraska