There are schools offering criminal justice degrees in Nebraska!
Schools Offering Criminal Justice Programs in Nebraska
Approximately 0.9% of graduates in of Nebraska receive criminal justice degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 500 criminal justice professionals graduate from Nebraska's 15 criminal justice schools.
University of Nebraska at Kearney, which is located in Kearney, is the top-ranked school in Nebraska that has a criminal justice program. It received a ranking of 30th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 40 students graduated from University of Nebraska at Kearney's criminal justice program. Tuition at University of Nebraska at Kearney was $5,912 per year.
Midland Lutheran College, which is located in Fremont, is the second-ranked school in Nebraska that has a criminal justice program. It received a ranking of 48th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Midland Lutheran College graduated 9 students from its criminal justice program. Students at Midland Lutheran College paid $23,664 per year in tuition fees.
University of Nebraska at Omaha, which is located in Omaha, is the third-ranked school in Nebraska that has a criminal justice program. It received a ranking of 71st in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of Nebraska at Omaha graduated 151 students from its criminal justice programs. Students at University of Nebraska at Omaha paid $6,626 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Nebraska's criminal justice schools ranges from $23,664 per year to $2,040 per year. But, the average tuition is $8,471 per year. In 2010, the following Nebraska criminal justice schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Midland Lutheran College - located in Fremont, students are charged $23,664 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Omaha - located in Omaha, students are charged $18,048 per year
- Kaplan University-Omaha Campus - located in Omaha, students are charged $15,372 per year
The following Nebraska criminal justice schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Western Nebraska Community College - located in Scottsbluff, students are charged $2,040 per year
- Southeast Community College Area - located in Lincoln, students are charged $2,205 per year
- Metropolitan Community College Area - located in Omaha, students are charged $2,385 per year
A criminal justice degree from a Nebraska school... what next?
criminal justice graduates in Nebraska can go into a variety of professions such as special agent, security guard, bailiff, and paralegal. If you decide to work as a criminal justice professional in Nebraska, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 7,230 Nebraska criminal justice professional as of 2010. This number includes 1,880 correctional officers, 310 special agents, and 3,890 security guards. The following counties have the largest number of Nebraska criminal justice professionals:
- Harrison County - 4,580 criminal justice professionals
- Lancaster County - 1,430 criminal justice professionals
- Butler County - 680 criminal justice professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 9,260 criminal justice professionals will be working in Nebraska. This would require the number of criminal justice professional to grow by 13%.
On average, criminal justice professionals earn a salary of $42,612 per year in Nebraska state. However, Nebraska criminal justice professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,720 per year to more than $111,820 per year in 2010. On average criminal justice professional earn the most in the following Nebraska counties:
- Harrison County - $45,033 per year
- Arthur County - $38,547 per year
- Lancaster County - $34,200 per year
On average, criminal justice professionals earn the least in the following Nebraska counties:
- Antelope County - $26,470 per year
- Butler County - $30,323 per year
- Adams County - $32,033 per year
The criminal justice professionals with highest average salaries in Nebraska were:
- Special Agent - $67,950 per year
- Bailiff - $43,310 per year
- Paralegal - $41,190 per year
On average, the lowest paid criminal justice professionals in Nebraska were:
- Correctional Officer - $32,350 per year
- Security Guard - $28,260 per year
For more data regarding a career in criminal justice in Nebraska and to compare salaries with various related fields such as criminology or forensic science, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Criminal Justice in Nebraska
- Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice in Nebraska
- Master's Degree in Criminal Justice in Nebraska
- Doctoral Degree in Criminal Justice in Nebraska
- Certificate in Criminal Justice in Nebraska
Curious what studying Criminal Justice gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Nebraska
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Correctional Officers and Jailers||1,880||$32,350||-6.9%|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||1,090||$41,190||65.2%|
|Detectives and Criminal Investigators||310||$67,950||0.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are criminal justice related jobs in Nebraska