There are schools offering dental assistant programs in Nebraska!
Schools Offering Dental Assisting Programs in Nebraska
Around 0.1% of Nebraska's graduates graduate from dental assisting certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 78 dental assistants graduate from Nebraska's 6 dental assistant schools.
Mid-Plains Community College, which is located in North Platte, is the top-ranked school in Nebraska that has a dental assistant program. It received a ranking of 78th in the country in 2010. 3 students graduated with a certificate in dental assistant from Mid-Plains Community College in 2010. Tuition at Mid-Plains Community College was $2,550 per year.
The second-ranked school in Nebraska with a dental assistant program is Vatterott College-Spring Valley Campus, which is located in Omaha. In 2010, it was ranked 79th nationwide. In 2010, 15 students graduated from Vatterott College-Spring Valley Campus dental assistant program. Tuition at Vatterott College-Spring Valley Campus was $12,100 per year.
The third-ranked school in Nebraska that has a dental assistant program is Southeast Community College Area. Southeast Community College Area, which was ranked 80th in the country in 2010, is located in Lincoln. In 2010, 25 students graduated from Southeast Community College Area dental assistant program. The tuition rate at Southeast Community College Area was $2,205 per year.
Tuition at Nebraska's dental assistant schools ranges from $15,372 per year to $2,205 per year. But, the average tuition is $6,174 per year. In 2010, the dental assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Nebraska were:
- Kaplan University-Omaha Campus - located in Omaha, students are charged $15,372 per year
- Vatterott College-Spring Valley Campus - located in Omaha, students are charged $12,100 per year
- Mid-Plains Community College - located in North Platte, students are charged $2,550 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Nebraska dental assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Southeast Community College Area - located in Lincoln, students are charged $2,205 per year
- Metropolitan Community College Area - located in Omaha, students are charged $2,385 per year
- Central Community College - located in Grand Island, students are charged $2,430 per year
A dental assistant certificate from a Nebraska school... what next?
Most people who graduate from dental assistant school in Nebraska go on to work as a dental assistant. 1,960 dental assistants were working in Nebraska in 2010. In Nebraska, the largest numbers of dental assistants work in the following counties:
- Harrison County - 1,040 dental assistants
- Lancaster County - 310 dental assistants
- Adams County - 260 dental assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of dental assistants in the state of Nebraska will grow to 2,250. This would require a 31% growth in the profession.
On average, dental assistants earn $29,980 per year. But, salaries for dental assistants can vary. In 2010, dental assistants made as little as less than $18,600 per year or as much as more than $45,190 per year in Nebraska. The following counties in Nebraska have the highest average salaries for dental assistants:
- Lancaster County - $34,670 per year
- Adams County - $31,420 per year
- Harrison County - $29,770 per year
A dental assistant in the following counties in Nebraska make the lowest salaries on average:
- Arthur County - $25,890 per year
- Butler County - $26,140 per year
- Antelope County - $29,340 per year
For more data regarding a career in dental assisting in Nebraska and to compare salaries with various related fields such as dental assisting or dental hygiene, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Assisting in Nebraska
- Certificate in Dental Assisting in Nebraska
Curious what studying Dental Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Nebraska
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dental Laboratory Technicians||260||$38,410||4.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental assistant related jobs in Nebraska