There are schools offering elementary education degrees in Nebraska!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in Nebraska
Approximately 1.2% of graduates in of Nebraska receive elementary education degrees every year. Thus, Nebraska's 18 elementary education schools put out approximately 665 elementary educators each year.
University of Nebraska at Kearney, which was ranked 30th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Nebraska that has a elementary education program. It is located in Kearney. 121 students graduated with a degree in elementary education from University of Nebraska at Kearney in 2010. Tuition at University of Nebraska at Kearney was $5,912 per year.
The second-ranked school in Nebraska with a elementary education program is Union College, which is located in Lincoln. In 2010, it was ranked 36th nationwide. 9 students graduated with degree in elementary education from Union College in 2010. Tuition at Union College was $18,150 per year.
Midland Lutheran College, which was ranked 36th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Nebraska that has a elementary education program. It is located in Fremont. In 2010, Midland Lutheran College graduated 6 students from its elementary education programs. Students at Midland Lutheran College paid $23,664 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Nebraska's elementary education schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $14,251 per year, though tuition can range from $30,578 per year to $2,040 per year. In 2010, the elementary education schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Nebraska were:
- Creighton University - located in Omaha, students are charged $30,578 per year
- Midland Lutheran College - located in Fremont, students are charged $23,664 per year
- Nebraska Wesleyan University - located in Lincoln, students are charged $23,474 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Nebraska elementary education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Western Nebraska Community College - located in Scottsbluff, students are charged $2,040 per year
- Northeast Community College - located in Norfolk, students are charged $2,612 per year
- Wayne State College - located in Wayne, students are charged $5,071 per year
An elementary education degree from a Nebraska school... what next?
Most people who graduate from elementary education school in Nebraska go on to work as an elementary educator. Nebraska had 9,950 elementary educators in 2010. The largest populations of Nebraska elementary educators are working in the following counties:
- Harrison County - 4,250 elementary educators
- Lancaster County - 1,640 elementary educators
- Arthur County - 1,400 elementary educators
The government projects that the number of elementary educators in Nebraska will grow by 16%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 12,730 elementary educators working in Nebraska.
On average, an elementary educator earns a salary of $50,150 per year in Nebraska state. But, salaries for elementary educators can vary. In 2010, elementary educators made as little as less than $28,440 per year or as much as more than $65,540 per year in Nebraska. An elementary educator in the following Nebraska counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Butler County - $50,780 per year
- Adams County - $45,500 per year
- Harrison County - $44,390 per year
The following counties in Nebraska have the lowest average salaries for elementary educators:
- Arthur County - $42,250 per year
- Antelope County - $42,570 per year
- Harrison County - $44,390 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Nebraska statistics regarding a career in elementary education and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as ESL or early childhood education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Elementary Education in Nebraska
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in Nebraska
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in Nebraska
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Nebraska
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||9,950||$50,150||1.5%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||1,590||$48,520||3.2%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||1,480||$46,420||57.4%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||1,460||$82,540||12.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in Nebraska