There are schools offering forensic nursing programs in Nebraska!
Schools Offering Forensic Nursing Programs in Nebraska
Approximately 2.6% of graduates in of Nebraska receive forensic nursing degrees every year. That means an estimated 1,390 forensic nurses graduate from Nebraska's 16 forensic nursing schools each year.
Union College, which is located in Lincoln, is the top-ranked school in Nebraska that has a forensic nursing program. It received a ranking of 36th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Union College graduated no students from its forensic nursing program. Students at Union College paid $18,150 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Nebraska with a forensic nursing program is Midland Lutheran College, which is located in Fremont. In 2010, it was ranked 48th nationwide. In 2010, Midland Lutheran College graduated 39 students from its forensic nursing program. Students at Midland Lutheran College paid $23,664 per year in tuition fees.
BryanLGH College of Health Sciences, which was ranked 48th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Nebraska that has a forensic nursing program. It is located in Lincoln. In 2010, BryanLGH College of Health Sciences graduated 69 students from its forensic nursing programs. Tuition at BryanLGH College of Health Sciences was $11,395 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Nebraska's forensic nursing schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $11,164 per year, though tuition can range from $30,578 per year to $2,040 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Nebraska forensic nursing schools were charged at the following schools:
- Creighton University - located in Omaha, students are charged $30,578 per year
- Midland Lutheran College - located in Fremont, students are charged $23,664 per year
- College of Saint Mary - located in Omaha, students are charged $23,134 per year
The following Nebraska forensic nursing schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Western Nebraska Community College - located in Scottsbluff, students are charged $2,040 per year
- Southeast Community College Area - located in Lincoln, students are charged $2,205 per year
- Metropolitan Community College Area - located in Omaha, students are charged $2,385 per year
A forensic nursing degree from a Nebraska school... what next?
A large number of Nebraska forensic nursing graduates become forensic nurses. Nebraska had 160 forensic nurses in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Nebraska forensic nurses:
- Harrison County - 100 forensic nurses
On average, forensic nurses earn $0 per year. The counties in Nebraska with the highest average salary for a forensic nurse are:
- Harrison County - $150,380 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Nebraska statistics regarding a career in forensic nursing and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse assisting or nurse practitioning.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Nebraska
- Bachelor's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Nebraska
- Master's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Nebraska
Curious what studying Forensic Nursing gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Nebraska
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||2,290||$80,940||6.0%|
|Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners, All Other||160||n/a|
|Forensic Science Technicians||80||n/a||-11.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are forensic nursing related jobs in Nebraska