There are schools offering medical assistant programs in Nebraska!
Schools Offering Medical Assisting Programs in Nebraska
Around 0.4% of Nebraska's graduates graduate from medical assisting certificate programs every year. That means an estimated 228 medical assistants graduate from Nebraska's 8 medical assistant schools each year.
Union College, which is located in Lincoln, is the top-ranked school in Nebraska that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 36th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 23 students graduated from Union College's medical assistant program. Union College charged in-state students $18,150 in tuition fees per year.
Nebraska Methodist College of Nursing & Allied Health, which was ranked 64th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Nebraska that has a medical assistant program. It is located in Omaha. Tuition at Nebraska Methodist College of Nursing & Allied Health was $11,640 per year.
The third-ranked school in Nebraska with a medical assistant program is Vatterott College-Spring Valley Campus, which is located in Omaha. In 2010, it was ranked 79th nationwide. In 2010, Vatterott College-Spring Valley Campus graduated 27 students from its medical assistant programs. Students at Vatterott College-Spring Valley Campus paid $12,100 per year in tuition fees.
Medical assistant schools in Nebraska, charge students an average tuition of $9,659 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $18,150 per year, or as little as $2,205 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Nebraska medical assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Union College - located in Lincoln, students are charged $18,150 per year
- Kaplan University-Lincoln Campus - located in Lincoln, students are charged $15,372 per year
- Kaplan University-Omaha Campus - located in Omaha, students are charged $15,372 per year
The following Nebraska medical assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Southeast Community College Area - located in Lincoln, students are charged $2,205 per year
- Central Community College - located in Grand Island, students are charged $2,430 per year
- Nebraska Methodist College of Nursing & Allied Health - located in Omaha, students are charged $11,640 per year
A medical assistant certificate from a Nebraska school... what next?
Most people who graduate from medical assistant school in Nebraska go on to work as a medical assistant. If you decide to work as a medical assistant in Nebraska, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 3,070 Nebraska medical assistants as of 2010. In Nebraska, the largest numbers of medical assistants work in the following counties:
- Harrison County - 1,660 medical assistants
- Lancaster County - 550 medical assistants
- Adams County - 380 medical assistants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of medical assistants is expected to grow by 28% by 2018. There are projected to be 4,450 medical assistants working in the Nebraska then.
On average, a medical assistant earns a salary of $28,150 per year in Nebraska state. But, salaries for medical assistants can vary. In 2010, medical assistants made as little as less than $19,070 per year or as much as more than $39,390 per year in Nebraska. A medical assistant in the following Nebraska counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Harrison County - $29,530 per year
- Lancaster County - $29,080 per year
- Antelope County - $26,860 per year
A medical assistant in the following counties in Nebraska make the lowest salaries on average:
- Butler County - $24,670 per year
- Arthur County - $24,940 per year
- Adams County - $25,470 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Nebraska statistics regarding a career in medical assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in Nebraska
- Master's Degree in Medical Assisting in Nebraska
- Certificate in Medical Assisting in Nebraska
Curious what studying Medical Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Nebraska
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical assistant related jobs in Nebraska