There are schools offering paralegal programs in Nebraska!
Schools Offering Paralegal Studies Programs in Nebraska
The top-ranked school in Nebraska that has a paralegal program is Midland Lutheran College. Midland Lutheran College, which was ranked 48th in the country in 2010, is located in Fremont. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Midland Lutheran College's paralegal program. Tuition at Midland Lutheran College was $23,664 per year.
The second-ranked school in Nebraska that has a paralegal program is Northeast Community College. Northeast Community College, which was ranked 75th in the country in 2010, is located in Norfolk. In 2010, Northeast Community College graduated 3 students from its paralegal program. Students at Northeast Community College paid $2,612 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Nebraska with a paralegal program is College of Saint Mary, which is located in Omaha. In 2010, it was ranked 77th nationwide. In 2010, College of Saint Mary graduated 8 students from its paralegal programs. The tuition rate at College of Saint Mary was $23,134 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Nebraska's paralegal schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $12,316 per year, though tuition can range from $23,664 per year to $2,385 per year. The Nebraska paralegal schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Midland Lutheran College - located in Fremont, students are charged $23,664 per year
- College of Saint Mary - located in Omaha, students are charged $23,134 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Omaha - located in Omaha, students are charged $18,048 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Nebraska paralegal schools were charged at the following schools:
- Metropolitan Community College Area - located in Omaha, students are charged $2,385 per year
- Central Community College - located in Grand Island, students are charged $2,430 per year
- Northeast Community College - located in Norfolk, students are charged $2,612 per year
A paralegal degree from a Nebraska school... what next?
A large number of Nebraska paralegal graduates become paralegals. Nebraska had 1,090 paralegals in 2010. The Nebraska counties with the largest populations of paralegals are:
- Harrison County - 740 paralegals
- Lancaster County - 170 paralegals
- Arthur County - 110 paralegals
The government projects that by 2018, the number of paralegals in the state of Nebraska will grow to 1,390. This would require a 24% growth in the profession.
A paralegal in Nebraska makes an average of $41,190 per year. In 2010, however, some Nebraska paralegals earned as little as less than $22,310 per year or as much as more than $58,950 per year. The counties in Nebraska with the highest average salary for a paralegal are:
- Harrison County - $43,470 per year
- Lancaster County - $43,210 per year
- Adams County - $42,800 per year
The Nebraska counties with the lowest average salary for paralegals are:
- Arthur County - $29,640 per year
- Butler County - $29,820 per year
- Adams County - $42,800 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Nebraska statistics regarding a career in paralegal studies and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as homeland security or paralegal.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Nebraska
- Bachelor's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Nebraska
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies in Nebraska
Curious what studying Paralegal gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Nebraska
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||1,090||$41,190||65.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paralegal related jobs in Nebraska