There are schools offering paramedic programs in Nebraska!
Schools Offering Paramedic Training Programs in Nebraska
Around 0.0% of Nebraska's graduates graduate from paramedic training certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 20 paramedics graduate from Nebraska's 6 paramedic schools.
The top-ranked school in Nebraska that has a paramedic program is Creighton University. Creighton University, which was ranked 65th in the country in 2010, is located in Omaha. In 2010, Creighton University graduated 12 students from its paramedic program. The tuition rate at Creighton University was $30,578 per year.
Northeast Community College, which was ranked 75th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Nebraska that has a paramedic program. It is located in Norfolk. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Northeast Community College paramedic program. The tuition rate at Northeast Community College was $2,612 per year.
Mid-Plains Community College, which was ranked 75th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Nebraska that has a paramedic program. It is located in North Platte. 4 students graduated with certificate in paramedic from Mid-Plains Community College in 2010. Tuition at Mid-Plains Community College was $2,550 per year.
If you choose to attend a Nebraska paramedic school, average tuition will be $7,062 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,040 per year to $30,578 per year. In 2010, the paramedic schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Nebraska were:
- Creighton University - located in Omaha, students are charged $30,578 per year
- Northeast Community College - located in Norfolk, students are charged $2,612 per year
- Mid-Plains Community College - located in North Platte, students are charged $2,550 per year
The paramedic schools in Nebraska that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Western Nebraska Community College - located in Scottsbluff, students are charged $2,040 per year
- Southeast Community College Area - located in Lincoln, students are charged $2,205 per year
- Metropolitan Community College Area - located in Omaha, students are charged $2,385 per year
A paramedic certificate from a Nebraska school... what next?
A large number of Nebraska paramedic graduates become paramedics. If you decide to work as a paramedic in Nebraska, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 420 Nebraska paramedics as of 2010. The largest populations of Nebraska paramedics are working in the following counties:
- Adams County - 120 paramedics
- Harrison County - 120 paramedics
- Arthur County - 80 paramedics
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of paramedics is expected to grow by 10% by 2018. There are projected to be 720 paramedics working in the Nebraska then.
A paramedic in Nebraska earns $30,290 per year on average. However, Nebraska paramedics earned anywhere in the range from as less than $17,860 per year to more than $56,530 per year in 2010. The counties in Nebraska with the highest average salary for a paramedic are:
- Antelope County - $35,550 per year
- Harrison County - $34,420 per year
- Butler County - $30,780 per year
The following counties in Nebraska have the lowest average salaries for paramedics:
- Arthur County - $26,200 per year
- Adams County - $26,940 per year
- Butler County - $30,780 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Nebraska statistics regarding a career in paramedic training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as paramedic or emergency management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paramedic Training in Nebraska
- Bachelor's Degree in Paramedic Training in Nebraska
Curious what studying Paramedic gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Nebraska
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||420||$30,290||-12.5%|
|Ambulance Drivers and Attendants, Except Emergency Medical Technicians||60||$24,260||20.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paramedic related jobs in Nebraska