There are schools offering personal training certifications in Nebraska!
Schools Offering Personal Training Programs in Nebraska
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Nebraska students graduate with degrees in personal training. In other words, every year an estimated 39 personal trainers graduate from Nebraska's 7 personal training schools.
The top-ranked school in Nebraska with a personal training program is Midland Lutheran College, which is located in Fremont. In 2010, it was ranked 48th nationwide. In 2010, no students graduated from Midland Lutheran College's personal training program. Tuition at Midland Lutheran College was $23,664 per year.
The second-ranked school in Nebraska that has a personal training program is University of Nebraska-Lincoln. University of Nebraska-Lincoln, which was ranked 60th in the country in 2010, is located in Lincoln. In 2010, 10 students graduated from University of Nebraska-Lincoln personal training program. Tuition at University of Nebraska-Lincoln was $7,224 per year.
Creighton University, which was ranked 60th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Nebraska that has a personal training program. It is located in Omaha. 1 students graduated with degree in personal training from Creighton University in 2010. The tuition rate at Creighton University was $30,578 per year.
Personal training schools in Nebraska, charge students an average tuition of $14,097 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $30,578 per year, or as little as $2,040 per year. The Nebraska personal training schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Creighton University - located in Omaha, students are charged $30,578 per year
- Midland Lutheran College - located in Fremont, students are charged $23,664 per year
- Nebraska Wesleyan University - located in Lincoln, students are charged $23,474 per year
The personal training schools in Nebraska that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Western Nebraska Community College - located in Scottsbluff, students are charged $2,040 per year
- Wayne State College - located in Wayne, students are charged $5,071 per year
- University of Nebraska at Omaha - located in Omaha, students are charged $6,626 per year
A personal training degree from a Nebraska school... what next?
The highest percentage of personal training graduates in Nebraska pursue careers as a personal trainer. If you decide to work as a personal trainer in Nebraska, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,500 Nebraska personal trainers as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Nebraska personal trainers:
- Harrison County - 800 personal trainers
- Lancaster County - 470 personal trainers
- Adams County - 110 personal trainers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 2,250 personal trainers will be working in Nebraska state. This would require the number of personal trainers to grow by 28%.
On average, personal trainers earn $29,700 per year. In 2010, however, some Nebraska personal trainers earned as little as less than $15,490 per year or as much as more than $50,190 per year. The following counties in Nebraska have the highest average salaries for personal trainers:
- Lancaster County - $31,470 per year
- Harrison County - $31,180 per year
- Butler County - $26,380 per year
The Nebraska counties with the lowest average salary for personal trainers are:
- Antelope County - $18,110 per year
- Arthur County - $19,120 per year
- Adams County - $22,080 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Nebraska statistics regarding a career in personal training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or physical therapy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Personal Training in Nebraska
- Bachelor's Degree in Personal Training in Nebraska
Curious what studying Personal Training gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Nebraska
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors||1,500||$29,700||5.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are personal training related jobs in Nebraska