There are schools offering sports medicine degrees in Nebraska!
Schools Offering Sports Medicine Programs in Nebraska
The top-ranked school in Nebraska with a sports medicine program is Midland Lutheran College, which is located in Fremont. In 2010, it was ranked 48th nationwide. In 2010, Midland Lutheran College graduated no students from its sports medicine program. Students at Midland Lutheran College paid $23,664 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Nebraska that has a sports medicine program is University of Nebraska-Lincoln. University of Nebraska-Lincoln, which was ranked 60th in the country in 2010, is located in Lincoln. In 2010, 10 students graduated from University of Nebraska-Lincoln sports medicine program. Tuition at University of Nebraska-Lincoln was $7,224 per year.
The third-ranked school in Nebraska that has a sports medicine program is Creighton University. Creighton University, which was ranked 65th in the country in 2010, is located in Omaha. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Creighton University sports medicine program. Students at Creighton University paid $30,578 per year in tuition fees.
Sports medicine schools in Nebraska, charge students an average tuition of $14,097 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $30,578 per year, or as little as $2,040 per year. In 2010, the following Nebraska sports medicine schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Creighton University - located in Omaha, students are charged $30,578 per year
- Midland Lutheran College - located in Fremont, students are charged $23,664 per year
- Nebraska Wesleyan University - located in Lincoln, students are charged $23,474 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Nebraska sports medicine schools were charged at the following schools:
- Western Nebraska Community College - located in Scottsbluff, students are charged $2,040 per year
- Wayne State College - located in Wayne, students are charged $5,071 per year
- University of Nebraska at Omaha - located in Omaha, students are charged $6,626 per year
A sports medicine degree from a Nebraska school... what next?
sports medicine graduates in Nebraska can go into a variety of professions such as sports medicine coordinator , physical therapy professor, coach, physical therapist, and physical therapist assistant. 6,110 sports medicine professionals were working in Nebraska in 2010. Of these, 1,570 were sports medicine physicians. In addition, 120 were sports medicine coordinator s, and 1,600 were physical therapy professors. The largest populations of Nebraska sports medicine professional are working in the following counties:
- Harrison County - 4,020 sports medicine professionals
- Lancaster County - 630 sports medicine professionals
- Antelope County - 400 sports medicine professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of sports medicine professionals is expected to grow by 30% by 2018. There are projected to be 4,120 sports medicine professionals working in Nebraska then. Of these 4,120 sports medicine professionals, the government predicts that an unknown number will be sports medicine physicians, 160 will be sports medicine coordinator s, and an unknown number will be physical therapy professors.
On average, sports medicine professionals earn a salary of $70,790 per year in Nebraska state. But, salaries for sports medicine professional can vary. In 2010, sports medicine professional made as little as less than $15,360 per year or as much as more than $120,870 per year in Nebraska. The following counties in Nebraska have the highest average salaries for sports medicine professionals:
- Arthur County - $116,653 per year
- Adams County - $90,675 per year
- Lancaster County - $84,935 per year
Sports medicine professionals in the following counties in Nebraska make the lowest salaries on average:
- Butler County - $45,050 per year
- Harrison County - $64,412 per year
- Antelope County - $77,393 per year
The sports medicine professionals with highest average salaries in Nebraska were:
- Sports Medicine Physician - $146,160 per year
- Physical Therapy Professor - $86,370 per year
- Physical Therapist - $72,940 per year
On average, the lowest paid sports medicine professionals in Nebraska were:
- Sports Medicine Coordinator - $41,670 per year
- Coach - $30,750 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Nebraska statistics regarding a career in sports medicine. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy or sports medicine.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Sports Medicine in Nebraska
- Bachelor's Degree in Sports Medicine in Nebraska
Curious what studying Sports Medicine gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Nebraska
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary||1,600||$86,370||7.4%|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other||1,570||$146,160||101.3%|
|Coaches and Scouts||1,270||$30,750||21.0%|
|Physical Therapist Assistants||400||$46,850||25.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sports medicine related jobs in Nebraska