There are schools offering art classes in Nevada!
Schools Offering Art Programs in Nevada
University of Nevada-Las Vegas, which is located in Las Vegas, is the top-ranked school in Nevada that has a art program. It received a ranking of 70th in the country in 2010. 81 students graduated with a degree in art from University of Nevada-Las Vegas in 2010. Tuition at University of Nevada-Las Vegas was $5,808 per year.
University of Nevada-Reno, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Nevada that has a art program. It is located in Reno. 40 students graduated with degree in art from University of Nevada-Reno in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Nevada-Reno was $5,561 per year.
The third-ranked school in Nevada with a art program is The Art Institute of Las Vegas, which is located in Henderson. In 2010, it was ranked 75th nationwide. 65 students graduated with degree in art from The Art Institute of Las Vegas in 2010. The Art Institute of Las Vegas charged in-state students $17,316 in tuition fees per year.
Art schools in Nevada, charge students an average tuition of $8,558 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $24,515 per year, or as little as $2,243 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Nevada art schools were charged at the following schools:
- Sierra Nevada College - located in Incline Village, students are charged $24,515 per year
- The Art Institute of Las Vegas - located in Henderson, students are charged $17,316 per year
- International Academy of Design and Technology - located in Henderson, students are charged $14,850 per year
The following Nevada art schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- College of Southern Nevada - located in Las Vegas, students are charged $2,243 per year
- Great Basin College - located in Elko, students are charged $2,243 per year
- Truckee Meadows Community College - located in Reno, students are charged $2,243 per year
An art degree from a Nevada school... what next?
The highest percentage of art graduates in Nevada pursue careers as an artist. If you decide to work as an artist in Nevada, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 60 Nevada artists as of 2010. In Nevada, the largest numbers of artists work in the following counties:
- Clark County - 50 artists
On average, artists earn $58,970 per year. But, salaries for artists can vary. In 2010, artists made as little as less than $25,020 per year or as much as more than $73,810 per year in Nevada. The following counties in Nevada have the highest average salaries for artists:
- Clark County - $48,610 per year
For more data regarding a career in art in Nevada and to compare salaries with various related fields such as animation or art, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Art in Nevada
- Bachelor's Degree in Art in Nevada
- Master's Degree in Art in Nevada
- Certificate in Art in Nevada
Curious what studying Art gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Nevada
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Multimedia Artists and Animators||270||$55,060||107.7%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||60||$58,970||-14.3%|
|Artists and Related Workers, All Other||60||$45,430||-53.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are art related jobs in Nevada