There are schools offering finance degrees in Nevada!
Schools Offering Finance Programs in Nevada
The top-ranked school in Nevada with a finance program is University of Nevada-Las Vegas, which is located in Las Vegas. In 2010, it was ranked 70th nationwide. 104 students graduated with a degree in finance from University of Nevada-Las Vegas in 2010. University of Nevada-Las Vegas charged in-state students $5,808 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Nevada with a finance program is University of Nevada-Reno, which is located in Reno. In 2010, it was ranked 70th nationwide. 107 students graduated with degree in finance from University of Nevada-Reno in 2010. Students at University of Nevada-Reno paid $5,561 per year in tuition fees.
Finance schools in Nevada, charge students an average tuition of $8,240 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $14,826 per year, or as little as $2,243 per year. The Nevada finance schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Phoenix-Las Vegas Campus - located in Las Vegas, students are charged $10,500 per year
- University of Phoenix-Northern Nevada Campus - located in Reno, students are charged $10,500 per year
The following Nevada finance schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- College of Southern Nevada - located in Las Vegas, students are charged $2,243 per year
- University of Nevada-Reno - located in Reno, students are charged $5,561 per year
- University of Nevada-Las Vegas - located in Las Vegas, students are charged $5,808 per year
A finance degree from a Nevada school... what next?
Auditor, financial quantitative analyst, financial examiner, credit analyst, and sales agent are the professions of choice for a majority of finance graduates in Nevada. In 2010, there were 15,210 finance professional working in Nevada, including 330 budget analysts, 6,090 auditors, and 900 financial quantitative analysts. The largest populations of Nevada finance professional are working in the following counties:
- Clark County - 10,370 finance professionals
- Pinal County - 3,240 finance professionals
- Carson City County - 460 finance professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 18,150 finance professionals will be working in Nevada. This would require the number of finance professional to grow by 5%.
On average, finance professionals earn $65,097 per year. But, salaries for finance professional can vary. In 2010, finance professional made as little as less than $15,830 per year or as much as more than $163,530 per year in Nevada. The following counties in Nevada have the highest average salaries for finance professionals:
- Pinal County - $69,373 per year
- Carson City County - $67,143 per year
- Elko County - $63,197 per year
Finance professionals in the following counties in Nevada make the lowest salaries on average:
- Churchill County - $52,600 per year
- Clark County - $63,019 per year
- Elko County - $63,197 per year
On average, the highest paid finance professionals in Nevada were:
- Branch Financial Manager - $98,950 per year
- Economist - $79,880 per year
- Budget Analyst - $73,230 per year
The finance professionals with lowest average salaries in Nevada were:
- Sales Agent - $48,550 per year
- Loan Counselor - $41,390 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Nevada statistics regarding a career in finance and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business management or finance.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Finance in Nevada
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance in Nevada
- Master's Degree in Finance in Nevada
Curious what studying Finance gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Nevada
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Accountants and Auditors||6,090||$63,810||-11.4%|
|Securities, Commodities, and Financial Services Sales Agents||1,160||$48,550||-4.1%|
|Financial Specialists, All Other||900||$53,960||16.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are finance related jobs in Nevada