There are schools offering elementary education degrees in New Hampshire!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in New Hampshire
Each year, roughly 1.1% of New Hampshire students graduate with degrees in elementary education. In other words, every year an estimated 410 elementary educators graduate from New Hampshire's 9 elementary education schools.
The top-ranked school in New Hampshire that has a elementary education program is Keene State College. Keene State College, which was ranked 38th in the country in 2010, is located in Keene. 95 students graduated with a degree in elementary education from Keene State College in 2010. Students at Keene State College paid $10,140 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in New Hampshire that has a elementary education program is Rivier College. Rivier College, which was ranked 45th in the country in 2010, is located in Nashua. In 2010, Rivier College graduated 52 students from its elementary education program. Students at Rivier College paid $24,895 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in New Hampshire that has a elementary education program is Southern New Hampshire University. Southern New Hampshire University, which was ranked 48th in the country in 2010, is located in Hooksett. 37 students graduated with degree in elementary education from Southern New Hampshire University in 2010. Southern New Hampshire University charged in-state students $26,442 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at New Hampshire's elementary education schools ranges from $29,054 per year to $9,906 per year. But, the average tuition is $15,879 per year. In 2010, the elementary education schools that charged the highest tuition rates in New Hampshire were:
- New England College - located in Henniker, students are charged $29,054 per year
- Franklin Pierce University - located in Rindge, students are charged $28,800 per year
- Southern New Hampshire University - located in Hooksett, students are charged $26,442 per year
The lowest tuition rates at New Hampshire elementary education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Plymouth State University - located in Plymouth, students are charged $9,906 per year
- Keene State College - located in Keene, students are charged $10,140 per year
- University of New Hampshire-Main Campus - located in Durham, students are charged $13,672 per year
An elementary education degree from a New Hampshire school... what next?
Most people who graduate from elementary education school in New Hampshire go on to work as an elementary educator. New Hampshire had 7,210 elementary educators in 2010. The New Hampshire counties with the largest populations of elementary educators are:
- Hillsborough County - 2,410 elementary educators
- Belknap County - 1,540 elementary educators
- Grafton County - 960 elementary educators
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 7,660 elementary educators will be working in New Hampshire state. This would require the number of elementary educators to grow by 16%.
An elementary educator in New Hampshire earns $50,450 per year on average. But, salaries for elementary educators can vary. In 2010, elementary educators made as little as less than $28,810 per year or as much as more than $71,810 per year in New Hampshire. The following counties in New Hampshire have the highest average salaries for elementary educators:
- York County - $55,140 per year
- Strafford County - $53,720 per year
- Hillsborough County - $51,540 per year
The New Hampshire counties with the lowest average salary for elementary educators are:
- Carroll County - $46,540 per year
- Belknap County - $46,860 per year
- Cheshire County - $49,180 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New Hampshire statistics regarding a career in elementary education and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as ESL or early childhood education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in New Hampshire
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in New Hampshire
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Hampshire
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||7,210||$50,450||-8.6%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||1,250||$74,470||28.9%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||1,200||$50,370||-8.4%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||510||$42,230||2.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in New Hampshire