There are schools offering medical coding classess in New Hampshire!
Schools Offering Medical Coding Programs in New Hampshire
Around 0.2% of New Hampshire's graduates graduate from medical coding certificate programs every year. Thus, New Hampshire's 6 medical coding schools put out approximately 62 medical coders each year.
Lebanon College, which is located in Lebanon, is the top-ranked school in New Hampshire that has a medical coding program. It received a ranking of 70th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 15 students graduated from Lebanon College's medical coding program. Students at Lebanon College paid $6,615 per year in tuition fees.
NHTI-Concord's Community College, which is located in Concord, is the second-ranked school in New Hampshire that has a medical coding program. It received a ranking of 81st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 4 students graduated from NHTI-Concord's Community College medical coding program. Tuition at NHTI-Concord's Community College was $6,880 per year.
White Mountains Community College, which was ranked 81st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in New Hampshire that has a medical coding program. It is located in Berlin. 7 students graduated with certificate in medical coding from White Mountains Community College in 2010. Tuition at White Mountains Community College was $7,123 per year.
If you choose to attend a New Hampshire medical coding school, average tuition will be $6,706 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $6,432 per year to $7,123 per year. In 2010, the medical coding schools that charged the highest tuition rates in New Hampshire were:
- White Mountains Community College - located in Berlin, students are charged $7,123 per year
- NHTI-Concord's Community College - located in Concord, students are charged $6,880 per year
- Nashua Community College - located in Nashua, students are charged $6,752 per year
The following New Hampshire medical coding schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Manchester Community College - located in Manchester, students are charged $6,432 per year
- Great Bay Community College - located in Portsmouth, students are charged $6,432 per year
- Lebanon College - located in Lebanon, students are charged $6,615 per year
A medical coding certificate from a New Hampshire school... what next?
Most people who graduate from medical coding school in New Hampshire go on to work as a medical coder. New Hampshire had 1,080 medical coders in 2010. The New Hampshire counties with the largest populations of medical coders are:
- Hillsborough County - 430 medical coders
- Belknap County - 170 medical coders
- Grafton County - 160 medical coders
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of medical coders is expected to grow by 21% by 2018. There are projected to be 1,330 medical coders working in the New Hampshire then.
A medical coder in New Hampshire earns $33,160 per year on average. In 2010, however, some New Hampshire medical coders earned as little as less than $21,100 per year or as much as more than $59,090 per year. On average a medical coder earns the most in the following New Hampshire counties:
- Grafton County - $39,780 per year
- York County - $36,230 per year
- Strafford County - $32,280 per year
The New Hampshire counties with the lowest average salary for medical coders are:
- Carroll County - $29,470 per year
- Cheshire County - $30,660 per year
- Hillsborough County - $32,075 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New Hampshire statistics regarding a career in medical coding and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as administrative assisting or health information management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Medical Coding in New Hampshire
Curious what studying Medical Coding gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Hampshire
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||1,080||$33,160||22.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical coding related jobs in New Hampshire