There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in New Jersey!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in New Jersey
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Connecticut
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Delaware
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Pennsylvania
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Washington DC
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Rhode Island
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Maryland
- See All Schools in New Jersey
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of New Jersey receive administrative assisting certificates every year. In other words, every year an estimated 261 administrative assistants graduate from New Jersey's 22 administrative assistant schools.
The top-ranked school in New Jersey that has a administrative assistant program is Central Career Institute LLC. Central Career Institute LLC, which was ranked 63rd in the country in 2010, is located in South Plainfield. 29 students graduated with a certificate in administrative assistant from Central Career Institute LLC in 2010.
Performance Training, which is located in Toms River, is the second-ranked school in New Jersey that has a administrative assistant program. It received a ranking of 64th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 15 students graduated from Performance Training administrative assistant program.
Ocean County Vocational-Technical School, which is located in Toms River, is the third-ranked school in New Jersey that has a administrative assistant program. It received a ranking of 64th in the country in 2010. Tuition at Ocean County Vocational-Technical School was $0 per year.
If you choose to attend a New Jersey administrative assistant school, average tuition will be $2,923 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,048 per year to $20,700 per year. In 2010, the administrative assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in New Jersey were:
- Berkeley College - located in Little Falls, students are charged $20,700 per year
- Thomas Edison State College - located in Trenton, students are charged $4,883 per year
- Salem Community College - located in Penns Grove, students are charged $3,924 per year
The following New Jersey administrative assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Mercer County Community College - located in Princeton Junction, students are charged $3,048 per year
- Union County College - located in Cranford, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Ocean County College - located in Toms River, students are charged $3,146 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from a New Jersey school... what next?
A large number of New Jersey administrative assistant graduates become administrative assistants. In 2010, there were 20,450 administrative assistants working in New Jersey. The New Jersey counties with the largest populations of administrative assistants are:
- Essex County - 5,680 administrative assistants
- Middlesex County - 4,970 administrative assistants
- Mercer County - 2,090 administrative assistants
The government projects that the number of administrative assistants in New Jersey will grow by 2%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 27,000 administrative assistants working in New Jersey.
An administrative assistant in New Jersey makes an average of $55,300 per year. However, this number is only an average. administrative assistants in New Jersey had varying salaries from $27,750 to $83,210 per year in 2010. On average an administrative assistant earns the most in the following New Jersey counties:
- Essex County - $57,070 per year
- Middlesex County - $54,790 per year
- Atlantic County - $54,080 per year
On average, administrative assistants earns the least in the following New Jersey counties:
- Cape May County - $50,580 per year
- Burlington County - $51,800 per year
- Mercer County - $52,570 per year
For more data regarding a career in administrative assisting in New Jersey and to compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in New Jersey
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in New Jersey
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Jersey
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Office Clerks, General||74,820||$30,310||-17.8%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||64,340||$37,230||-13.1%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||20,450||$55,300||-18.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in New Jersey