There are schools offering bookkeeping courses in New Jersey!
Schools Offering Bookkeeping Programs in New Jersey
Rowan University, which is located in Glassboro, is the top-ranked school in New Jersey that has a bookkeeping program. It received a ranking of 33rd in the country in 2010. 78 students graduated with a certificate in bookkeeping from Rowan University in 2010. The tuition rate at Rowan University was $11,676 per year.
The second-ranked school in New Jersey that has a bookkeeping program is Prism Career Institute. Prism Career Institute, which was ranked 69th in the country in 2010, is located in Cherry Hill. In 2010, Prism Career Institute graduated 0 students from its bookkeeping program.
The third-ranked school in New Jersey with a bookkeeping program is Keyskills Learning, which is located in Clifton. In 2010, it was ranked 69th nationwide. 12 students graduated with certificate in bookkeeping from Keyskills Learning in 2010. Students at Keyskills Learning paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
Bookkeeping schools in New Jersey, charge students an average tuition of $3,251 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $11,676 per year, or as little as $3,048 per year. In 2010, the following New Jersey bookkeeping schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Rowan University - located in Glassboro, students are charged $11,676 per year
- Hudson County Community College - located in Jersey City, students are charged $4,240 per year
- Raritan Valley Community College - located in Somerville, students are charged $3,840 per year
The bookkeeping schools in New Jersey that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Mercer County Community College - located in Princeton Junction, students are charged $3,048 per year
- Union County College - located in Cranford, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Essex County College - located in Newark, students are charged $3,384 per year
A bookkeeping certificate from a New Jersey school... what next?
A large number of New Jersey bookkeeping graduates become bookkeeping clerks. 47,870 bookkeeping clerks were working in New Jersey in 2010. In New Jersey, the largest numbers of bookkeeping clerks work in the following counties:
- Essex County - 13,120 bookkeeping clerks
- Middlesex County - 12,000 bookkeeping clerks
- Burlington County - 6,790 bookkeeping clerks
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 61,900 bookkeeping clerks will be working in New Jersey state. This would require the number of bookkeeping clerks to grow by 2%.
On average, bookkeeping clerks earn $39,240 per year. However, this number is only an average. bookkeeping clerks in New Jersey had varying salaries from $19,080 to $60,670 per year in 2010. The following counties in New Jersey have the highest average salaries for bookkeeping clerks:
- Essex County - $40,080 per year
- Middlesex County - $39,540 per year
- Mercer County - $39,230 per year
A bookkeeping clerk in the following counties in New Jersey make the lowest salaries on average:
- Atlantic County - $34,810 per year
- Cumberland County - $36,040 per year
- Cape May County - $36,180 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional New Jersey statistics regarding a career in bookkeeping. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as small business or finance.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Bookkeeping in New Jersey
- Bachelor's Degree in Bookkeeping in New Jersey
- Certificate in Bookkeeping in New Jersey
Curious what studying Bookkeeping gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Jersey
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||47,870||$39,240||-12.7%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||19,770||$35,800||-3.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are bookkeeping related jobs in New Jersey