There are schools offering business degrees in New Jersey!
Schools Offering Business Programs in New Jersey
The top-ranked school in New Jersey with a business program is Princeton University, which is located in Princeton. In 2010, it was ranked 5th nationwide. In 2010, 28 students graduated from Princeton University's business program. Princeton University charged in-state students $36,640 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in New Jersey with a business program is Rutgers University-New Brunswick, which is located in New Brunswick. In 2010, it was ranked 17th nationwide. In 2010, Rutgers University-New Brunswick graduated 490 students from its business program. Rutgers University-New Brunswick charged in-state students $12,582 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in New Jersey with a business program is The College of New Jersey, which is located in Trenton. In 2010, it was ranked 21st nationwide. 246 students graduated with degree in business from The College of New Jersey in 2010. Students at The College of New Jersey paid $13,293 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of New Jersey's business schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $11,166 per year, though tuition can range from $39,816 per year to $3,024 per year. The New Jersey business schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Stevens Institute of Technology - located in Hoboken, students are charged $39,816 per year
- Princeton University - located in Princeton, students are charged $36,640 per year
- Fairleigh Dickinson University-College at Florham - located in Madison, students are charged $33,410 per year
The lowest tuition rates at New Jersey business schools were charged at the following schools:
- Warren County Community College - located in Washington, students are charged $3,024 per year
- Mercer County Community College - located in Princeton Junction, students are charged $3,048 per year
- Union County College - located in Cranford, students are charged $3,120 per year
A business degree from a New Jersey school... what next?
Many New Jersey business graduates become a chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst. New Jersey had 150,830 business professionals in 2010. 14,640 of these business professionals were business analysts, 1,150 were chief executive officers, and 38,960 were operations managers. The New Jersey counties with the largest populations of business professional are:
- Essex County - 41,420 business professionals
- Middlesex County - 37,660 business professionals
- Burlington County - 15,040 business professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 179,900 business professionals will be working in New Jersey. This would require the number of business professional to grow by 4%.
On average, business professionals earn $99,813 per year. However, New Jersey business professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $20,650 per year to more than $165,610 per year in 2010. On average business professional earn the most in the following New Jersey counties:
- Cape May County - $104,298 per year
- Essex County - $102,879 per year
- Middlesex County - $99,533 per year
On average, business professionals earn the least in the following New Jersey counties:
- Atlantic County - $86,298 per year
- Cumberland County - $88,333 per year
- Burlington County - $91,268 per year
The business professionals with highest average salaries in New Jersey were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $185,430 per year
- Operations Manager - $162,420 per year
- Financial Manager - $136,960 per year
On average, the lowest paid business professionals in New Jersey were:
- Cost Estimator - $69,860 per year
- Credit Counselor - $42,990 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional New Jersey statistics regarding a career in business. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or advertising.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in New Jersey
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in New Jersey
- Master's Degree in Business in New Jersey
- Doctoral Degree in Business in New Jersey
- Certificate in Business in New Jersey
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Jersey
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||38,960||$162,420||-4.0%|
|Accountants and Auditors||34,130||$79,620||-4.5%|
|Administrative Services Managers||7,830||$106,850||-6.1%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||3,140||$99,560||-40.9%|
|Human Resources Managers||2,820||$134,170|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||1,470||$95,090||2.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in New Jersey