There are schools offering civil engineering degrees in New Jersey!
Schools Offering Civil Engineering Programs in New Jersey
The top-ranked school in New Jersey with a civil engineering program is Princeton University, which is located in Princeton. In 2010, it was ranked 5th nationwide. 33 students graduated with a degree in civil engineering from Princeton University in 2010. Tuition at Princeton University was $36,640 per year.
The second-ranked school in New Jersey that has a civil engineering program is Rutgers University-New Brunswick. Rutgers University-New Brunswick, which was ranked 17th in the country in 2010, is located in New Brunswick. In 2010, Rutgers University-New Brunswick graduated 104 students from its civil engineering program. Tuition at Rutgers University-New Brunswick was $12,582 per year.
The College of New Jersey, which is located in Trenton, is the third-ranked school in New Jersey that has a civil engineering program. It received a ranking of 21st in the country in 2010. 10 students graduated with degree in civil engineering from The College of New Jersey in 2010. The College of New Jersey charged in-state students $13,293 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at New Jersey's civil engineering schools ranges from $39,816 per year to $3,048 per year. But, the average tuition is $12,986 per year. In 2010, the following New Jersey civil engineering schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Stevens Institute of Technology - located in Hoboken, students are charged $39,816 per year
- Princeton University - located in Princeton, students are charged $36,640 per year
- Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus - located in Teaneck, students are charged $31,060 per year
The civil engineering schools in New Jersey that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Mercer County Community College - located in Princeton Junction, students are charged $3,048 per year
- Union County College - located in Cranford, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Ocean County College - located in Toms River, students are charged $3,146 per year
A civil engineering degree from a New Jersey school... what next?
A large number of New Jersey civil engineering graduates become civil engineers. In 2010, there were 6,270 civil engineers working in New Jersey. The following counties have the largest number of New Jersey civil engineers:
- Middlesex County - 1,990 civil engineers
- Essex County - 1,560 civil engineers
- Burlington County - 820 civil engineers
The government projects that the number of civil engineers in New Jersey will grow by 11%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 7,800 civil engineers working in New Jersey.
A civil engineer in New Jersey makes an average of $88,520 per year. But, salaries for civil engineers can vary. In 2010, civil engineers made as little as less than $50,680 per year or as much as more than $151,270 per year in New Jersey. The counties in New Jersey with the highest average salary for a civil engineer are:
- Atlantic County - $93,160 per year
- Middlesex County - $91,960 per year
- Mercer County - $86,480 per year
A civil engineer in the following counties in New Jersey make the lowest salaries on average:
- Cumberland County - $78,300 per year
- Burlington County - $81,930 per year
- Essex County - $85,930 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New Jersey statistics regarding a career in civil engineering and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as civil engineering or drafting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Civil Engineering in New Jersey
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering in New Jersey
- Master's Degree in Civil Engineering in New Jersey
- Doctoral Degree in Civil Engineering in New Jersey
Curious what studying Civil Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Jersey
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Architectural and Civil Drafters||2,620||$51,630||-33.8%|
|Civil Engineering Technicians||1,440||$52,510||6.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are civil engineering related jobs in New Jersey