There are schools offering electrical engineering degrees in New Jersey!
Schools Offering Electrical Engineering Programs in New Jersey
Each year, approximately 0.2% of New Jersey graduates receive degrees in electrical engineering. That means an estimated 333 electrical engineers graduate from New Jersey's 14 electrical engineering schools each year.
The top-ranked school in New Jersey with a electrical engineering program is Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus, which is located in Teaneck. In 2010, it was ranked 48th nationwide. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus' electrical engineering program. Tuition at Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus was $31,060 per year.
Ocean County Vocational-Technical School, which is located in Toms River, is the second-ranked school in New Jersey that has a electrical engineering program. It received a ranking of 64th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Ocean County Vocational-Technical School graduated 24 students from its electrical engineering program.
Hohokus School-RETS Nutley, which is located in Nutley, is the third-ranked school in New Jersey that has a electrical engineering program. It received a ranking of 72nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 6 students graduated from Hohokus School-RETS Nutley electrical engineering program. Hohokus School-RETS Nutley charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a New Jersey electrical engineering school, average tuition will be $5,971 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,048 per year to $31,060 per year. In 2010, the following New Jersey electrical engineering schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus - located in Teaneck, students are charged $31,060 per year
- Thomas Edison State College - located in Trenton, students are charged $4,883 per year
The following New Jersey electrical engineering schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Mercer County Community College - located in Princeton Junction, students are charged $3,048 per year
- Essex County College - located in Newark, students are charged $3,384 per year
- Brookdale Community College - located in Lincroft, students are charged $3,527 per year
An electrical engineering degree from a New Jersey school... what next?
A large number of New Jersey electrical engineering graduates become electrical engineers. If you decide to work as an electrical engineer in New Jersey, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 3,190 New Jersey electrical engineers as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of New Jersey electrical engineers:
- Middlesex County - 840 electrical engineers
- Essex County - 680 electrical engineers
- Mercer County - 170 electrical engineers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 3,900 electrical engineers will be working in New Jersey state. This would require the number of electrical engineers to shrink by -8%.
On average, electrical engineers earn $86,300 per year. In 2010, however, some New Jersey electrical engineers earned as little as less than $52,800 per year or as much as more than $134,290 per year. The counties in New Jersey with the highest average salary for an electrical engineer are:
- Mercer County - $92,520 per year
- Atlantic County - $91,760 per year
- Burlington County - $88,210 per year
The following counties in New Jersey have the lowest average salaries for electrical engineers:
- Middlesex County - $83,400 per year
- Essex County - $84,520 per year
- Burlington County - $88,210 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional New Jersey statistics regarding a career in electrical engineering. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as electrical engineering or civil engineering.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering in New Jersey
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering in New Jersey
- Certificate in Electrical Engineering in New Jersey
Curious what studying Electrical Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Jersey
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians||2,860||$57,030||-23.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are electrical engineering related jobs in New Jersey