There are schools offering graphic design degrees in New Jersey!
Schools Offering Graphic Design Programs in New Jersey
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of New Jersey receive graphic design degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 150 graphic designers graduate from New Jersey's 10 graphic design schools.
Montclair State University, which is located in Montclair, is the top-ranked school in New Jersey that has a graphic design program. It received a ranking of 34th in the country in 2010. 10 students graduated with a degree in graphic design from Montclair State University in 2010. Students at Montclair State University paid $10,016 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in New Jersey with a graphic design program is Felician College, which is located in Lodi. In 2010, it was ranked 54th nationwide. In 2010, 5 students graduated from Felician College graphic design program. The tuition rate at Felician College was $26,425 per year.
The third-ranked school in New Jersey with a graphic design program is duCret School of Arts, which is located in Plainfield. In 2010, it was ranked 67th nationwide. Tuition at duCret School of Arts was $8,215 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of New Jersey's graphic design schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $7,065 per year, though tuition can range from $26,425 per year to $3,456 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at New Jersey graphic design schools were charged at the following schools:
- Felician College - located in Lodi, students are charged $26,425 per year
- Montclair State University - located in Montclair, students are charged $10,016 per year
- duCret School of Arts - located in Plainfield, students are charged $8,215 per year
The graphic design schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in New Jersey were:
- Gloucester County College - located in Sewell, students are charged $3,456 per year
- Brookdale Community College - located in Lincroft, students are charged $3,527 per year
- Middlesex County College - located in Edison, students are charged $3,598 per year
A graphic design degree from a New Jersey school... what next?
Most people who graduate from graphic design school in New Jersey go on to work as a graphic designer. If you decide to work as a graphic designer in New Jersey, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 5,650 New Jersey graphic designers as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of New Jersey graphic designers:
- Essex County - 1,260 graphic designers
- Middlesex County - 1,170 graphic designers
- Burlington County - 720 graphic designers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of graphic designers in the state of New Jersey will shrink to 8,700. This would require a -2% decline in the profession.
On average, a graphic designer earns a salary of $50,720 per year in New Jersey state. However, New Jersey graphic designers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $21,930 per year to more than $94,130 per year in 2010. The counties in New Jersey with the highest average salary for a graphic designer are:
- Essex County - $54,260 per year
- Mercer County - $54,000 per year
- Atlantic County - $52,680 per year
The New Jersey counties with the lowest average salary for graphic designers are:
- Cumberland County - $36,690 per year
- Burlington County - $47,120 per year
- Middlesex County - $48,550 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional New Jersey statistics regarding a career in graphic design. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as computer animation or graphic design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design in New Jersey
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design in New Jersey
- Certificate in Graphic Design in New Jersey
Curious what studying Graphic Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Jersey
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are graphic design related jobs in New Jersey