There are schools offering history degrees in New Jersey!
Schools Offering History Programs in New Jersey
Princeton University, which was ranked 5th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in New Jersey that has a history program. It is located in Princeton. 116 students graduated with a degree in history from Princeton University in 2010. The tuition rate at Princeton University was $36,640 per year.
Rutgers University-New Brunswick, which was ranked 17th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in New Jersey that has a history program. It is located in New Brunswick. In 2010, 262 students graduated from Rutgers University-New Brunswick history program. Rutgers University-New Brunswick charged in-state students $12,582 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in New Jersey that has a history program is The College of New Jersey. The College of New Jersey, which was ranked 21st in the country in 2010, is located in Trenton. 23 students graduated with degree in history from The College of New Jersey in 2010. Students at The College of New Jersey paid $13,293 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of New Jersey's history schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $21,256 per year, though tuition can range from $39,873 per year to $9,250 per year. In 2010, the history schools that charged the highest tuition rates in New Jersey were:
- Drew University - located in Madison, students are charged $39,873 per year
- Princeton University - located in Princeton, students are charged $36,640 per year
- Fairleigh Dickinson University-College at Florham - located in Madison, students are charged $33,410 per year
The following New Jersey history schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- New Jersey City University - located in Jersey City, students are charged $9,250 per year
- Kean University - located in Union, students are charged $9,815 per year
- Montclair State University - located in Montclair, students are charged $10,016 per year
A history degree from a New Jersey school... what next?
A large number of New Jersey history graduates become historians. 100 historians were working in New Jersey in 2010. The New Jersey counties with the largest populations of historians are:
- Mercer County - 40 historians
On average, a historian earns a salary of $70,000 per year in New Jersey state. However, New Jersey historians earned anywhere in the range from as less than $28,230 per year to more than $91,920 per year in 2010. The following counties in New Jersey have the highest average salaries for historians:
- Mercer County - $69,350 per year
For more data regarding a career in history in New Jersey and to compare salaries with various related fields such as political science or history, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in History in New Jersey
- Master's Degree in History in New Jersey
- Doctoral Degree in History in New Jersey
Curious what studying History gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Jersey
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are history related jobs in New Jersey