There are schools offering LVN programs in New Jersey!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in New Jersey
Approximately 0.4% of graduates in of New Jersey receive nursing certificates every year. In other words, every year an estimated 783 licensed vocational nurses graduate from New Jersey's 13 LVN schools.
Ocean County Vocational-Technical School, which is located in Toms River, is the top-ranked school in New Jersey that has a LVN program. It received a ranking of 64th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 124 students graduated from Ocean County Vocational-Technical School's LVN program.
Eastwick College, which is located in Ramsey, is the second-ranked school in New Jersey that has a LVN program. It received a ranking of 65th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Eastwick College graduated 183 students from its LVN program. The tuition rate at Eastwick College was $14,500 per year.
Dover Business College, which was ranked 65th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in New Jersey that has a LVN program. It is located in Clifton. In 2010, 53 students graduated from Dover Business College LVN program. Students at Dover Business College paid $18,165 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a New Jersey LVN school, average tuition will be $5,234 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,120 per year to $18,165 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at New Jersey LVN schools were charged at the following schools:
- Dover Business College - located in Clifton, students are charged $18,165 per year
- Holy Name Medical Center School of Nursing - located in Teaneck, students are charged $16,991 per year
- Eastwick College - located in Ramsey, students are charged $14,500 per year
The lowest tuition rates at New Jersey LVN schools were charged at the following schools:
- Union County College - located in Cranford, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Essex County College - located in Newark, students are charged $3,384 per year
- Camden County College - located in Blackwood, students are charged $3,720 per year
A LVN certificate from a New Jersey school... what next?
The highest percentage of LVN graduates in New Jersey pursue careers as a licensed vocational nurse. 15,020 licensed vocational nurses were working in New Jersey in 2010. In New Jersey, the largest numbers of licensed vocational nurses work in the following counties:
- Middlesex County - 4,220 licensed vocational nurses
- Essex County - 3,190 licensed vocational nurses
- Burlington County - 3,150 licensed vocational nurses
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of licensed vocational nurses is expected to grow by 14% by 2018. There are projected to be 18,400 licensed vocational nurses working in the New Jersey then.
A licensed vocational nurse in New Jersey makes an average of $50,950 per year. In 2010, however, some New Jersey licensed vocational nurses earned as little as less than $32,230 per year or as much as more than $63,450 per year. The following counties in New Jersey have the highest average salaries for licensed vocational nurses:
- Middlesex County - $51,720 per year
- Burlington County - $51,360 per year
- Essex County - $50,800 per year
The New Jersey counties with the lowest average salary for licensed vocational nurses are:
- Atlantic County - $43,570 per year
- Cumberland County - $46,600 per year
- Mercer County - $47,450 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional New Jersey statistics regarding a career in nursing. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or RN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nursing in New Jersey
Curious what studying LVN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Jersey
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses||15,020||$50,950||-15.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are LVN related jobs in New Jersey