There are schools offering medical assistant programs in New Jersey!
Schools Offering Medical Assisting Programs in New Jersey
Approximately 2.6% of graduates in of New Jersey receive medical assisting certificates every year. In other words, every year an estimated 4,718 medical assistants graduate from New Jersey's 36 medical assistant schools.
Seton Hall University, which is located in South Orange, is the top-ranked school in New Jersey that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 36th in the country in 2010. 21 students graduated with a certificate in medical assistant from Seton Hall University in 2010. The tuition rate at Seton Hall University was $31,890 per year.
Omega Institute, which is located in Merchantville, is the second-ranked school in New Jersey that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 59th in the country in 2010. 53 students graduated with certificate in medical assistant from Omega Institute in 2010.
Healthcare Training Institute, which is located in Union, is the third-ranked school in New Jersey that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 60th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 38 students graduated from Healthcare Training Institute medical assistant program. Tuition at Healthcare Training Institute was $0 per year.
Tuition at New Jersey's medical assistant schools ranges from $31,890 per year to $3,024 per year. But, the average tuition is $1,854 per year. The New Jersey medical assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Seton Hall University - located in South Orange, students are charged $31,890 per year
- Dover Business College - located in Clifton, students are charged $18,165 per year
- Hudson County Community College - located in Jersey City, students are charged $4,240 per year
The following New Jersey medical assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Warren County Community College - located in Washington, students are charged $3,024 per year
- Bergen Community College - located in Paramus, students are charged $3,733 per year
- Raritan Valley Community College - located in Somerville, students are charged $3,840 per year
A medical assistant certificate from a New Jersey school... what next?
A large number of New Jersey medical assistant graduates become medical assistants. In 2010, there were 12,500 medical assistants working in New Jersey. The following counties have the largest number of New Jersey medical assistants:
- Essex County - 3,270 medical assistants
- Middlesex County - 3,140 medical assistants
- Burlington County - 1,970 medical assistants
The government projects that the number of medical assistants in New Jersey will grow by 21%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 15,200 medical assistants working in New Jersey.
A medical assistant in New Jersey earns $32,500 per year on average. However, New Jersey medical assistants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $18,360 per year to more than $47,800 per year in 2010. A medical assistant in the following New Jersey counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Essex County - $33,990 per year
- Mercer County - $32,970 per year
- Middlesex County - $32,560 per year
The New Jersey counties with the lowest average salary for medical assistants are:
- Cumberland County - $28,060 per year
- Cape May County - $29,180 per year
- Atlantic County - $31,390 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional New Jersey statistics regarding a career in medical assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in New Jersey
- Master's Degree in Medical Assisting in New Jersey
- Certificate in Medical Assisting in New Jersey
Curious what studying Medical Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Jersey
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical assistant related jobs in New Jersey