There are schools offering school psychology programs in New Jersey!
Schools Offering School Psychology Programs in New Jersey
Around 0.1% of New Jersey's graduates graduate from school psychology degree programs every year. Thus, New Jersey's 9 school psychology schools put out approximately 94 school psychologists each year.
Rutgers University-New Brunswick, which is located in New Brunswick, is the top-ranked school in New Jersey that has a school psychology program. It received a ranking of 17th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 5 students graduated from Rutgers University-New Brunswick's school psychology program. Students at Rutgers University-New Brunswick paid $12,582 per year in tuition fees.
Rowan University, which is located in Glassboro, is the second-ranked school in New Jersey that has a school psychology program. It received a ranking of 33rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 53 students graduated from Rowan University school psychology program. Rowan University charged in-state students $11,676 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in New Jersey that has a school psychology program is Montclair State University. Montclair State University, which was ranked 34th in the country in 2010, is located in Montclair. In 2010, 14 students graduated from Montclair State University school psychology program. Montclair State University charged in-state students $10,016 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a New Jersey school psychology school, average tuition will be $19,215 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $9,250 per year to $31,890 per year. In 2010, the following New Jersey school psychology schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Seton Hall University - located in South Orange, students are charged $31,890 per year
- Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus - located in Teaneck, students are charged $31,060 per year
- Rider University - located in Trenton, students are charged $30,470 per year
The following New Jersey school psychology schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- New Jersey City University - located in Jersey City, students are charged $9,250 per year
- Kean University - located in Union, students are charged $9,815 per year
- Montclair State University - located in Montclair, students are charged $10,016 per year
A school psychology degree from a New Jersey school... what next?
Most people who graduate from school psychology school in New Jersey go on to work as a school psychologist. New Jersey had 3,160 school psychologists in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of New Jersey school psychologists:
- Essex County - 850 school psychologists
- Middlesex County - 670 school psychologists
- Burlington County - 530 school psychologists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 5,650 school psychologists will be working in New Jersey state. This would require the number of school psychologists to grow by 4%.
On average, a school psychologist earns a salary of $91,910 per year in New Jersey state. But, salaries for school psychologists can vary. In 2010, school psychologists made as little as less than $40,800 per year or as much as more than $152,140 per year in New Jersey. The following counties in New Jersey have the highest average salaries for school psychologists:
- Mercer County - $109,730 per year
- Essex County - $99,680 per year
- Burlington County - $90,820 per year
The New Jersey counties with the lowest average salary for school psychologists are:
- Atlantic County - $71,240 per year
- Cumberland County - $76,200 per year
- Middlesex County - $86,010 per year
For more data regarding a career in school psychology in New Jersey and to compare salaries with various related fields such as educational leadership or speech therapy, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in School Psychology in New Jersey
- Doctoral Degree in School Psychology in New Jersey
Curious what studying School Psychology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Jersey
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists||3,160||$91,910||-32.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are school psychology related jobs in New Jersey