There are schools offering sociology degrees in New Jersey!
Schools Offering Sociology Programs in New Jersey
Princeton University, which is located in Princeton, is the top-ranked school in New Jersey that has a sociology program. It received a ranking of 5th in the country in 2010. 61 students graduated with a degree in sociology from Princeton University in 2010. Students at Princeton University paid $36,640 per year in tuition fees.
Rutgers University-New Brunswick, which was ranked 17th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in New Jersey that has a sociology program. It is located in New Brunswick. In 2010, Rutgers University-New Brunswick graduated 148 students from its sociology program. Tuition at Rutgers University-New Brunswick was $12,582 per year.
The third-ranked school in New Jersey that has a sociology program is The College of New Jersey. The College of New Jersey, which was ranked 21st in the country in 2010, is located in Trenton. In 2010, The College of New Jersey graduated 21 students from its sociology programs. The College of New Jersey charged in-state students $13,293 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a New Jersey sociology school, average tuition will be $20,702 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $9,250 per year to $39,873 per year. The New Jersey sociology schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Drew University - located in Madison, students are charged $39,873 per year
- Princeton University - located in Princeton, students are charged $36,640 per year
- Fairleigh Dickinson University-College at Florham - located in Madison, students are charged $33,410 per year
The sociology schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in New Jersey were:
- New Jersey City University - located in Jersey City, students are charged $9,250 per year
- Kean University - located in Union, students are charged $9,815 per year
- Montclair State University - located in Montclair, students are charged $10,016 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional New Jersey statistics regarding a career in sociology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic psychology or school psychology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sociology in New Jersey
- Master's Degree in Sociology in New Jersey
- Doctoral Degree in Sociology in New Jersey
Curious what studying Sociology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Jersey
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Sociology Teachers, Postsecondary||430||$75,790||-2.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sociology related jobs in New Jersey