There are schools offering sonography programs in New Jersey!
Schools Offering Sonography Programs in New Jersey
The top-ranked school in New Jersey that has a sonography program is Healthcare Training Institute. Healthcare Training Institute, which was ranked 60th in the country in 2010, is located in Union. 37 students graduated with a certificate in sonography from Healthcare Training Institute in 2010.
Eastwick College, which was ranked 65th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in New Jersey that has a sonography program. It is located in Ramsey. In 2010, Eastwick College graduated 170 students from its sonography program. Tuition at Eastwick College was $14,500 per year.
Eastern International College, which was ranked 65th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in New Jersey that has a sonography program. It is located in Jersey City. In 2010, Eastern International College graduated 20 students from its sonography programs. Tuition at Eastern International College was $0 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of New Jersey's sonography schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,584 per year, though tuition can range from $21,755 per year to $3,120 per year. In 2010, the sonography schools that charged the highest tuition rates in New Jersey were:
- Muhlenberg Harold B & Dorothy A Snyder Schools-School of Imaging - located in Plainfield, students are charged $21,755 per year
- Eastwick College - located in Ramsey, students are charged $14,500 per year
- Bergen Community College - located in Paramus, students are charged $3,733 per year
The sonography schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in New Jersey were:
- Union County College - located in Cranford, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Gloucester County College - located in Sewell, students are charged $3,456 per year
- Burlington County College - located in Pemberton, students are charged $3,615 per year
A sonography certificate from a New Jersey school... what next?
Most people who graduate from sonography school in New Jersey go on to work as a sonographer. In 2010, there were 1,970 sonographers working in New Jersey. The New Jersey counties with the largest populations of sonographers are:
- Middlesex County - 460 sonographers
- Essex County - 400 sonographers
- Burlington County - 250 sonographers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of sonographers in the state of New Jersey will grow to 2,250. This would require a 11% growth in the profession.
On average, a sonographer earns a salary of $68,460 per year in New Jersey state. But, salaries for sonographers can vary. In 2010, sonographers made as little as less than $46,290 per year or as much as more than $116,110 per year in New Jersey. On average a sonographer earns the most in the following New Jersey counties:
- Cumberland County - $77,780 per year
- Mercer County - $70,480 per year
- Burlington County - $69,840 per year
A sonographer in the following counties in New Jersey make the lowest salaries on average:
- Middlesex County - $66,180 per year
- Atlantic County - $68,280 per year
- Essex County - $68,470 per year
For more data regarding a career in sonography in New Jersey and to compare salaries with various related fields such as radiology technology or sonography, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Sonography in New Jersey
- Certificate in Sonography in New Jersey
Curious what studying Sonography gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Jersey
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Diagnostic Medical Sonographers||1,970||$68,460||23.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sonography related jobs in New Jersey