There are schools offering visual communications degrees in New Jersey!
Schools Offering Visual Communications Programs in New Jersey
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of New Jersey receive visual communications degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 381 visual communications professionals graduate from New Jersey's 16 visual communications schools.
The top-ranked school in New Jersey that has a visual communications program is The College of New Jersey. The College of New Jersey, which was ranked 21st in the country in 2010, is located in Trenton. In 2010, 21 students graduated from The College of New Jersey's visual communications program. The College of New Jersey charged in-state students $13,293 in tuition fees per year.
Ramapo College of New Jersey, which is located in Mahwah, is the second-ranked school in New Jersey that has a visual communications program. It received a ranking of 30th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Ramapo College of New Jersey graduated 29 students from its visual communications program. Students at Ramapo College of New Jersey paid $11,874 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in New Jersey that has a visual communications program is Montclair State University. Montclair State University, which was ranked 34th in the country in 2010, is located in Montclair. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Montclair State University visual communications program. Montclair State University charged in-state students $10,016 in tuition fees per year.
Visual communications schools in New Jersey, charge students an average tuition of $13,466 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $33,410 per year, or as little as $3,048 per year. In 2010, the visual communications schools that charged the highest tuition rates in New Jersey were:
- Fairleigh Dickinson University-College at Florham - located in Madison, students are charged $33,410 per year
- Seton Hall University - located in South Orange, students are charged $31,890 per year
- Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus - located in Teaneck, students are charged $31,060 per year
The following New Jersey visual communications schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Mercer County Community College - located in Princeton Junction, students are charged $3,048 per year
- Middlesex County College - located in Edison, students are charged $3,598 per year
- Bergen Community College - located in Paramus, students are charged $3,733 per year
A visual communications degree from a New Jersey school... what next?
Many New Jersey visual communications graduates become a video editor, audio visual technician, and artist. New Jersey had 7,600 visual communications professionals in 2010. 5,650 of these visual communications professionals were graphic designers, 210 were video editors, and 1,740 were audio visual technicians. The following counties have the largest number of New Jersey visual communications professionals:
- Essex County - 1,410 visual communications professionals
- Middlesex County - 1,380 visual communications professionals
- Atlantic County - 930 visual communications professionals
The government projects that the number of visual communications professionals in New Jersey will shrink by -2%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 11,400 visual communications professionals working in New Jersey. The greatest decline for visual communications professional is predicted to be amongst Video Editors, who are expected to increase by 0% by 2018.
visual communications professionals in New Jersey earn $48,460 per year on average. In 2010, however, some New Jersey visual communications professional earned as little as less than $17,260 per year or as much as more than $102,720 per year. On average visual communications professional earn the most in the following New Jersey counties:
- Atlantic County - $59,930 per year
- Mercer County - $53,955 per year
- Essex County - $49,135 per year
The New Jersey counties with the lowest average salary for visual communications professionals are:
- Cumberland County - $36,690 per year
- Burlington County - $41,773 per year
- Middlesex County - $42,787 per year
On average, the highest paid visual communications professionals in New Jersey were:
- Audio Visual Technician - $57,470 per year
- Graphic Designer - $50,720 per year
- Video Editor - $46,100 per year
On average, the lowest paid visual communications professionals in New Jersey were:
- Video Editor - $46,100 per year
- Artist - $39,550 per year
For more data regarding a career in visual communications in New Jersey and to compare salaries with various related fields such as visual communications or art, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Visual Communications in New Jersey
- Bachelor's Degree in Visual Communications in New Jersey
- Certificate in Visual Communications in New Jersey
Curious what studying Visual Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Jersey
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||n/a||$39,550|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||1,740||$57,470||109.6%|
|Film and Video Editors||210||$46,100||-25.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are visual communications related jobs in New Jersey