There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in New Mexico!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in New Mexico
Each year, roughly 0.5% of New Mexico students graduate with certificates in administrative assisting. In other words, every year an estimated 225 administrative assistants graduate from New Mexico's 20 administrative assistant schools.
Navajo Technical College, which is located in Crownpoint, is the top-ranked school in New Mexico that has a administrative assistant program. It received a ranking of 69th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Navajo Technical College graduated 5 students from its administrative assistant program. Navajo Technical College charged in-state students $1,620 in tuition fees per year.
Brookline College, which is located in Albuquerque, is the second-ranked school in New Mexico that has a administrative assistant program. It received a ranking of 83rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 17 students graduated from Brookline College administrative assistant program.
The third-ranked school in New Mexico that has a administrative assistant program is New Mexico Junior College. New Mexico Junior College, which was ranked 84th in the country in 2010, is located in Hobbs. 1 students graduated with certificate in administrative assistant from New Mexico Junior College in 2010. Tuition at New Mexico Junior College was $1,076 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of New Mexico's administrative assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $1,317 per year, though tuition can range from $2,594 per year to $675 per year. In 2010, the following New Mexico administrative assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Northern New Mexico College - located in Espanola, students are charged $2,594 per year
- Mesalands Community College - located in Tucumcari, students are charged $1,845 per year
- Central New Mexico Community College - located in Albuquerque, students are charged $1,812 per year
The following New Mexico administrative assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute - located in Albuquerque, students are charged $675 per year
- Luna Community College - located in Las Vegas, students are charged $814 per year
- Clovis Community College - located in Clovis, students are charged $944 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from a New Mexico school... what next?
Most people who graduate from administrative assistant school in New Mexico go on to work as an administrative assistant. If you decide to work as an administrative assistant in New Mexico, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 4,340 New Mexico administrative assistants as of 2010. In New Mexico, the largest numbers of administrative assistants work in the following counties:
- Bernalillo County - 2,100 administrative assistants
- Santa Fe County - 690 administrative assistants
- Los Alamos County - 520 administrative assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of administrative assistants in the state of New Mexico will grow to 5,950. This would require a 9% growth in the profession.
On average, an administrative assistant earns a salary of $45,030 per year in New Mexico state. In 2010, however, some New Mexico administrative assistants earned as little as less than $25,350 per year or as much as more than $86,560 per year. On average an administrative assistant earns the most in the following New Mexico counties:
- Santa Fe County - $60,660 per year
- Los Alamos County - $56,620 per year
- Chaves County - $41,420 per year
An administrative assistant in the following counties in New Mexico make the lowest salaries on average:
- Bernalillo County - $38,990 per year
- San Juan County - $40,230 per year
- Catron County - $40,920 per year
For more data regarding a career in administrative assisting in New Mexico and to compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in New Mexico
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in New Mexico
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Mexico
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||17,530||$29,280|
|Office Clerks, General||11,660||$23,970||-15.8%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||4,340||$45,030||-47.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in New Mexico