There are schools offering automotive training in New Mexico!
Schools Offering Automotive Repair Programs in New Mexico
Approximately 0.7% of graduates in of New Mexico receive automotive repair certificates every year. That means an estimated 317 automotive mechanics graduate from New Mexico's 13 automotive schools each year.
The top-ranked school in New Mexico that has a automotive program is Navajo Technical College. Navajo Technical College, which was ranked 69th in the country in 2010, is located in Crownpoint. In 2010, 5 students graduated from Navajo Technical College's automotive program. Navajo Technical College charged in-state students $1,620 in tuition fees per year.
New Mexico Junior College, which was ranked 84th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in New Mexico that has a automotive program. It is located in Hobbs. 0 students graduated with certificate in automotive from New Mexico Junior College in 2010. Students at New Mexico Junior College paid $1,076 per year in tuition fees.
Northern New Mexico College, which is located in Espanola, is the third-ranked school in New Mexico that has a automotive program. It received a ranking of 86th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Northern New Mexico College automotive program. Tuition at Northern New Mexico College was $2,594 per year.
Tuition at New Mexico's automotive schools ranges from $2,594 per year to $814 per year. But, the average tuition is $1,430 per year. In 2010, the following New Mexico automotive schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Northern New Mexico College - located in Espanola, students are charged $2,594 per year
- Mesalands Community College - located in Tucumcari, students are charged $1,845 per year
- Central New Mexico Community College - located in Albuquerque, students are charged $1,812 per year
The automotive schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in New Mexico were:
- Luna Community College - located in Las Vegas, students are charged $814 per year
- Clovis Community College - located in Clovis, students are charged $944 per year
- San Juan College - located in Farmington, students are charged $1,032 per year
An automotive certificate from a New Mexico school... what next?
The highest percentage of automotive graduates in New Mexico pursue careers as an automotive mechanic. If you decide to work as an automotive mechanic in New Mexico, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 3,880 New Mexico automotive mechanics as of 2010. In New Mexico, the largest numbers of automotive mechanics work in the following counties:
- Bernalillo County - 1,830 automotive mechanics
- Chaves County - 550 automotive mechanics
- Cibola County - 340 automotive mechanics
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of automotive mechanics is expected to grow by 5% by 2018. There are projected to be 5,630 automotive mechanics working in the New Mexico then.
On average, automotive mechanics earn $34,530 per year. However, New Mexico automotive mechanics earned anywhere in the range from as less than $16,180 per year to more than $60,670 per year in 2010. The counties in New Mexico with the highest average salary for an automotive mechanic are:
- Santa Fe County - $40,350 per year
- San Juan County - $38,990 per year
- Bernalillo County - $34,900 per year
On average, automotive mechanics earns the least in the following New Mexico counties:
- Cibola County - $29,450 per year
- Dona Ana County - $29,760 per year
- Catron County - $31,060 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New Mexico statistics regarding a career in automotive repair and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as automotive or plumbing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Automotive Repair in New Mexico
- Certificate in Automotive Repair in New Mexico
Curious what studying Automotive gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Mexico
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics||3,880||$34,530||-10.0%|
|Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists||2,070||$44,230||38.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are automotive related jobs in New Mexico