There are schools offering beauty programs in New Mexico!
Schools Offering Beauty Programs in New Mexico
De Wolff College Hair Styling and Cosmetology, which was ranked 74th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in New Mexico that has a beauty program. It is located in Albuquerque. In 2010, De Wolff College Hair Styling and Cosmetology graduated 63 students from its beauty program.
Olympian University of Cosmetology, which was ranked 77th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in New Mexico that has a beauty program. It is located in Alamogordo. In 2010, Olympian University of Cosmetology graduated 369 students from its beauty program.
The third-ranked school in New Mexico that has a beauty program is New Mexico Junior College. New Mexico Junior College, which was ranked 84th in the country in 2010, is located in Hobbs. In 2010, New Mexico Junior College graduated 32 students from its beauty programs. Students at New Mexico Junior College paid $1,076 per year in tuition fees.
Beauty schools in New Mexico, charge students an average tuition of $3,037 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $12,403 per year, or as little as $814 per year. In 2010, the following New Mexico beauty schools had the highest tuition rates:
- National American University-Albuquerque - located in Albuquerque, students are charged $12,403 per year
- National American University-Rio Rancho - located in Rio Rancho, students are charged $12,403 per year
- Northern New Mexico College - located in Espanola, students are charged $2,594 per year
The lowest tuition rates at New Mexico beauty schools were charged at the following schools:
- Luna Community College - located in Las Vegas, students are charged $814 per year
- Clovis Community College - located in Clovis, students are charged $944 per year
- San Juan College - located in Farmington, students are charged $1,032 per year
A beauty certificate from a New Mexico school... what next?
beauty graduates in New Mexico can go into a variety of professions such as barber, cosmetology instructor, and salon manager. 3,230 beauty professionals were working in New Mexico in 2010. Of these, 1,580 were hairdressers. In addition, were barbers, and 530 were cosmetology instructors. The largest populations of New Mexico beauty professional are working in the following counties:
- Bernalillo County - 1,850 beauty professionals
- Santa Fe County - 330 beauty professionals
- Dona Ana County - 260 beauty professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of beauty professionals is expected to grow by 12% by 2018. There are projected to be 4,590 beauty professionals working in New Mexico then. Of these 4,590 beauty professionals, the government predicts that 2,960 will be hairdressers, an unknown number will be barbers, and an unknown number will be cosmetology instructors.
beauty professionals in New Mexico earn $32,310 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. Beauty professional in New Mexico had varying salaries from $15,950 to $73,770 per year in 2010. On average beauty professional earn the most in the following New Mexico counties:
- Santa Fe County - $38,637 per year
- Bernalillo County - $35,690 per year
- Cibola County - $31,870 per year
On average, beauty professionals earn the least in the following New Mexico counties:
- Dona Ana County - $23,705 per year
- San Juan County - $24,505 per year
- Chaves County - $28,680 per year
The beauty professionals with highest average salaries in New Mexico were:
- Cosmetology Instructor - $46,220 per year
- Salon Manager - $28,790 per year
- Barber - $27,300 per year
On average, the lowest paid beauty professionals in New Mexico were:
- Barber - $27,300 per year
- Hairdresser - $26,930 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New Mexico statistics regarding a career in beauty and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as cosmetology or fashion.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Beauty in New Mexico
- Certificate in Beauty in New Mexico
Curious what studying Beauty gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Mexico
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||1,580||$26,930||20.6%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Personal Service Workers||1,120||$28,790||33.3%|
|Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary||530||$46,220||-23.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are beauty related jobs in New Mexico