There are schools offering bookkeeping courses in New Mexico!
Schools Offering Bookkeeping Programs in New Mexico
Around 0.2% of New Mexico's graduates graduate from bookkeeping certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 93 bookkeeping clerks graduate from New Mexico's 12 bookkeeping schools.
Navajo Technical College, which is located in Crownpoint, is the top-ranked school in New Mexico that has a bookkeeping program. It received a ranking of 69th in the country in 2010. 5 students graduated with a certificate in bookkeeping from Navajo Technical College in 2010. Navajo Technical College charged in-state students $1,620 in tuition fees per year.
Northern New Mexico College, which was ranked 86th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in New Mexico that has a bookkeeping program. It is located in Espanola. Students at Northern New Mexico College paid $2,594 per year in tuition fees.
Mesalands Community College, which is located in Tucumcari, is the third-ranked school in New Mexico that has a bookkeeping program. It received a ranking of 86th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 0 students graduated from Mesalands Community College bookkeeping program. The tuition rate at Mesalands Community College was $1,845 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of New Mexico's bookkeeping schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,490 per year, though tuition can range from $12,403 per year to $675 per year. The New Mexico bookkeeping schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- National American University-Rio Rancho - located in Rio Rancho, students are charged $12,403 per year
- National American University-Albuquerque - located in Albuquerque, students are charged $12,403 per year
- Northern New Mexico College - located in Espanola, students are charged $2,594 per year
The bookkeeping schools in New Mexico that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute - located in Albuquerque, students are charged $675 per year
- San Juan College - located in Farmington, students are charged $1,032 per year
- Santa Fe Community College - located in Santa Fe, students are charged $1,224 per year
A bookkeeping certificate from a New Mexico school... what next?
The highest percentage of bookkeeping graduates in New Mexico pursue careers as a bookkeeping clerk. New Mexico had 12,600 bookkeeping clerks in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of New Mexico bookkeeping clerks:
- Bernalillo County - 5,720 bookkeeping clerks
- Chaves County - 2,360 bookkeeping clerks
- Cibola County - 1,130 bookkeeping clerks
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of bookkeeping clerks is expected to grow by 6% by 2018. There are projected to be 15,010 bookkeeping clerks working in the New Mexico then.
A bookkeeping clerk in New Mexico makes an average of $31,760 per year. But, salaries for bookkeeping clerks can vary. In 2010, bookkeeping clerks made as little as less than $17,730 per year or as much as more than $55,100 per year in New Mexico. A bookkeeping clerk in the following New Mexico counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Santa Fe County - $37,500 per year
- Los Alamos County - $35,180 per year
- Bernalillo County - $33,080 per year
The New Mexico counties with the lowest average salary for bookkeeping clerks are:
- Catron County - $27,970 per year
- Dona Ana County - $28,360 per year
- Chaves County - $28,880 per year
For more data regarding a career in bookkeeping in New Mexico and to compare salaries with various related fields such as small business or finance, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Bookkeeping in New Mexico
- Certificate in Bookkeeping in New Mexico
Curious what studying Bookkeeping gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Mexico
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||12,600||$31,760||29.5%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||1,240||$29,010||-34.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are bookkeeping related jobs in New Mexico