There are schools offering business administration degrees in New Mexico!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in New Mexico
Approximately 4.3% of graduates in of New Mexico receive business administration degrees every year. Thus, New Mexico's 30 business administration schools put out approximately 2,091 general managers each year.
New Mexico State University-Main Campus, which is located in Las Cruces, is the top-ranked school in New Mexico that has a business administration program. It received a ranking of 39th in the country in 2010. In 2010, New Mexico State University-Main Campus graduated 188 students from its business administration program. New Mexico State University-Main Campus charged in-state students $5,400 in tuition fees per year.
Santa Fe University of Art and Design, which is located in Santa Fe, is the second-ranked school in New Mexico that has a business administration program. It received a ranking of 45th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 39 students graduated from Santa Fe University of Art and Design business administration program. Students at Santa Fe University of Art and Design paid $30,358 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in New Mexico that has a business administration program is University of the Southwest. University of the Southwest, which was ranked 59th in the country in 2010, is located in Hobbs. 27 students graduated with degree in business administration from University of the Southwest in 2010. Tuition at University of the Southwest was $14,500 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of New Mexico's business administration schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $5,021 per year, though tuition can range from $30,358 per year to $675 per year. The New Mexico business administration schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Santa Fe University of Art and Design - located in Santa Fe, students are charged $30,358 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Albuquerque - located in Albuquerque, students are charged $19,344 per year
- University of the Southwest - located in Hobbs, students are charged $14,500 per year
The business administration schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in New Mexico were:
- Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute - located in Albuquerque, students are charged $675 per year
- Eastern New Mexico University-Ruidoso - located in Ruidoso, students are charged $764 per year
- Luna Community College - located in Las Vegas, students are charged $814 per year
A business administration degree from a New Mexico school... what next?
A large number of New Mexico business administration graduates become general managers. New Mexico had 13,720 general managers in 2010. In New Mexico, the largest numbers of general managers work in the following counties:
- Bernalillo County - 6,080 general managers
- Santa Fe County - 2,720 general managers
- Chaves County - 1,950 general managers
The government projects that the number of general managers in New Mexico will shrink by -3%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 14,080 general managers working in New Mexico.
On average, a general manager earns a salary of $93,830 per year in New Mexico state. In 2010, however, some New Mexico general managers earned as little as less than $36,900 per year or as much as more than $157,220 per year. A general manager in the following New Mexico counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Los Alamos County - $171,530 per year
- Bernalillo County - $96,290 per year
- San Juan County - $96,200 per year
On average, general managers earns the least in the following New Mexico counties:
- Dona Ana County - $77,690 per year
- Catron County - $81,490 per year
- Cibola County - $89,110 per year
For more data regarding a career in business administration in New Mexico and to compare salaries with various related fields such as project management or administrative assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in New Mexico
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in New Mexico
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in New Mexico
- Certificate in Business Administration in New Mexico
Curious what studying Business Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Mexico
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||13,720||$93,830||28.0%|
|Administrative Services Managers||2,750||$71,040||1.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business administration related jobs in New Mexico