There are schools offering business degrees in New Mexico!
Schools Offering Business Programs in New Mexico
The top-ranked school in New Mexico with a business program is New Mexico State University-Main Campus, which is located in Las Cruces. In 2010, it was ranked 39th nationwide. 549 students graduated with a degree in business from New Mexico State University-Main Campus in 2010. The tuition rate at New Mexico State University-Main Campus was $5,400 per year.
Santa Fe University of Art and Design, which was ranked 45th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in New Mexico that has a business program. It is located in Santa Fe. 49 students graduated with degree in business from Santa Fe University of Art and Design in 2010. The tuition rate at Santa Fe University of Art and Design was $30,358 per year.
University of the Southwest, which is located in Hobbs, is the third-ranked school in New Mexico that has a business program. It received a ranking of 59th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 27 students graduated from University of the Southwest business program. Students at University of the Southwest paid $14,500 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a New Mexico business school, average tuition will be $5,142 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $675 per year to $30,358 per year. In 2010, the following New Mexico business schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Santa Fe University of Art and Design - located in Santa Fe, students are charged $30,358 per year
- The Art Center Design College-Albuquerque - located in Albuquerque, students are charged $27,125 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Albuquerque - located in Albuquerque, students are charged $19,344 per year
The following New Mexico business schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute - located in Albuquerque, students are charged $675 per year
- Eastern New Mexico University-Ruidoso - located in Ruidoso, students are charged $764 per year
- Luna Community College - located in Las Vegas, students are charged $814 per year
A business degree from a New Mexico school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs business graduates in New Mexico pursue include chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst. If you decide to work as a business professional in New Mexico, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 32,120 New Mexico business professional as of 2010. This number includes 2,810 business analysts, 70 chief executive officers, and 13,720 operations managers. In New Mexico, the largest numbers of business professional work in the following counties:
- Bernalillo County - 15,640 business professionals
- Santa Fe County - 5,470 business professionals
- Chaves County - 3,860 business professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of business professionals is expected to grow by 9% by 2018. There are projected to be 37,220 business professionals working in New Mexico then. Of these 37,220 business professionals, the government predicts that 3,840 will be business analysts, 100 will be chief executive officers, and 14,080 will be operations managers.
On average, business professionals earn a salary of $80,793 per year in New Mexico state. But, salaries for business professional can vary. In 2010, business professional made as little as less than $19,450 per year or as much as more than $164,220 per year in New Mexico. The counties in New Mexico with the highest average salary for business professionals are:
- Los Alamos County - $109,626 per year
- Bernalillo County - $79,581 per year
- Santa Fe County - $76,858 per year
The New Mexico counties with the lowest average salary for business professionals are:
- Catron County - $60,940 per year
- Dona Ana County - $64,031 per year
- Cibola County - $64,319 per year
On average, the highest paid business professionals in New Mexico were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $215,840 per year
- Financial Manager - $96,230 per year
- Operations Manager - $93,830 per year
The business professionals with lowest average salaries in New Mexico were:
- Financial Advisor - $52,260 per year
- Credit Counselor - $40,860 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New Mexico statistics regarding a career in business and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business administration or advertising.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in New Mexico
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in New Mexico
- Master's Degree in Business in New Mexico
- Certificate in Business in New Mexico
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Mexico
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||13,720||$93,830||28.0%|
|Accountants and Auditors||5,550||$65,660||24.7%|
|Administrative Services Managers||2,750||$71,040||1.9%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||610||$74,960||-27.4%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||450||$52,260||55.2%|
|Human Resources Managers||270||$84,640|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in New Mexico