There are schools offering computer networking courses in New Mexico!
Schools Offering Computer Networking Programs in New Mexico
Each year, roughly 0.1% of New Mexico students graduate with degrees in computer networking. Thus, New Mexico's 12 computer networking schools put out approximately 61 computer network administrators each year.
ITT Technical Institute-Albuquerque, which is located in Albuquerque, is the top-ranked school in New Mexico that has a computer networking program. It received a ranking of 79th in the country in 2010. In 2010, ITT Technical Institute-Albuquerque graduated 46 students from its computer networking program. Tuition at ITT Technical Institute-Albuquerque was $19,344 per year.
University of Phoenix-Albuquerque Campus, which is located in Albuquerque, is the second-ranked school in New Mexico that has a computer networking program. It received a ranking of 85th in the country in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Phoenix-Albuquerque Campus was $10,120 per year.
The third-ranked school in New Mexico that has a computer networking program is Western New Mexico University. Western New Mexico University, which was ranked 86th in the country in 2010, is located in Silver City. The tuition rate at Western New Mexico University was $3,812 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of New Mexico's computer networking schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $5,533 per year, though tuition can range from $19,344 per year to $675 per year. The New Mexico computer networking schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- ITT Technical Institute-Albuquerque - located in Albuquerque, students are charged $19,344 per year
- National American University-Albuquerque - located in Albuquerque, students are charged $12,403 per year
- National American University-Rio Rancho - located in Rio Rancho, students are charged $12,403 per year
The computer networking schools in New Mexico that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute - located in Albuquerque, students are charged $675 per year
- Eastern New Mexico University-Ruidoso - located in Ruidoso, students are charged $764 per year
- Clovis Community College - located in Clovis, students are charged $944 per year
A computer networking degree from a New Mexico school... what next?
Most people who graduate from computer networking school in New Mexico go on to work as a computer network administrator. New Mexico had 1,260 computer network administrators in 2010. In New Mexico, the largest numbers of computer network administrators work in the following counties:
- Bernalillo County - 690 computer network administrators
- Chaves County - 140 computer network administrators
- Dona Ana County - 100 computer network administrators
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of computer network administrators is expected to grow by 19% by 2018. There are projected to be 2,120 computer network administrators working in the New Mexico then.
On average, a computer network administrator earns a salary of $70,310 per year in New Mexico state. On average a computer network administrator earns the most in the following New Mexico counties:
- Dona Ana County - $75,830 per year
- Santa Fe County - $70,400 per year
- Bernalillo County - $69,380 per year
On average, computer network administrators earns the least in the following New Mexico counties:
- Chaves County - $55,780 per year
- Catron County - $61,580 per year
- Cibola County - $67,340 per year
For more data regarding a career in computer networking in New Mexico and to compare salaries with various related fields such as computer science or computer networking, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Networking in New Mexico
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Networking in New Mexico
- Certificate in Computer Networking in New Mexico
Curious what studying Computer Networking gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Mexico
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||60||$47,360||-33.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer networking related jobs in New Mexico