There are schools offering fashion programs in New Mexico!
Schools Offering Fashion Programs in New Mexico
Santa Fe Community College, the only accredited Fashion school in New Mexico, is located in Santa Fe. It received a ranking of 91st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 0 students graduated from Santa Fe Community College's Fashion programs.
The tuition rate for students taking Fashion courses at Santa Fe Community College was $1,224 per year.
A Fashion degree from a New Mexico school... what next?
Many New Mexico Fashion graduates become Marketing Manager, Merchadiser, Fashion Magazine Editor, Photographer, and Sales Associate. 30,260 fashion professionals were working in New Mexico in 2010. Of these, 280 were marketing managers. In addition, 610 were merchadisers and 300 were fashion magazine editors. The New Mexico counties with the largest populations of fashion professional are:
- Bernalillo County - 15,060 fashion professionals
- Chaves County - 4,150 fashion professionals
- Santa Fe County - 3,270 fashion professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 35,870 fashion professionals will be working in New Mexico. This would require the number of fashion professional to shrink by -4%.
New Mexico fashion professionals earn on average $46,974 per year. But, salaries for fashion professional can vary. In 2010, fashion professional made as little as less than $16,110 per year or as much as more than $162,440 per year in New Mexico. The counties in New Mexico with the highest average salary for fashion professional are:
- Bernalillo County - $49,398 per year
- Santa Fe County - $47,493 per year
- Cibola County - $31,965 per year
Fashion professionals in the following counties in New Mexico make the lowest salaries on average:
- Catron County - $19,830 per year
- Dona Ana County - $22,180 per year
- San Juan County - $25,250 per year
The fashion professionals with highest average salaries in New Mexico were:
- Marketing Manager - $82,440 per year
- Fashion Magazine Editor - $52,700 per year
- Merchadiser - $43,210 per year
The fashion professionals with lowest average salaries in New Mexico were:
- Photographer - $32,730 per year
- Sales Associate - $23,790 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional fashion statistics regarding a career in Fashion and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as fashion or beauty.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Fashion in New Mexico
Curious what studying Fashion gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Mexico
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products||610||$43,210||27.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are fashion related jobs in New Mexico