There are schools offering paralegal programs in New Mexico!
Schools Offering Paralegal Studies Programs in New Mexico
The top-ranked school in New Mexico that has a paralegal program is Navajo Technical College. Navajo Technical College, which was ranked 69th in the country in 2010, is located in Crownpoint. 10 students graduated with a degree in paralegal from Navajo Technical College in 2010. Navajo Technical College charged in-state students $1,620 in tuition fees per year.
ITT Technical Institute-Albuquerque, which is located in Albuquerque, is the second-ranked school in New Mexico that has a paralegal program. It received a ranking of 79th in the country in 2010. Tuition at ITT Technical Institute-Albuquerque was $19,344 per year.
Brookline College, which was ranked 79th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in New Mexico that has a paralegal program. It is located in Albuquerque. In 2010, 8 students graduated from Brookline College paralegal program. Brookline College charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at New Mexico's paralegal schools ranges from $19,344 per year to $944 per year. But, the average tuition is $2,721 per year. In 2010, the paralegal schools that charged the highest tuition rates in New Mexico were:
- ITT Technical Institute-Albuquerque - located in Albuquerque, students are charged $19,344 per year
- Central New Mexico Community College - located in Albuquerque, students are charged $1,812 per year
- Navajo Technical College - located in Crownpoint, students are charged $1,620 per year
The paralegal schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in New Mexico were:
- Clovis Community College - located in Clovis, students are charged $944 per year
- San Juan College - located in Farmington, students are charged $1,032 per year
- New Mexico Junior College - located in Hobbs, students are charged $1,076 per year
A paralegal degree from a New Mexico school... what next?
The highest percentage of paralegal graduates in New Mexico pursue careers as a paralegal. New Mexico had 1,380 paralegals in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of New Mexico paralegals:
- Bernalillo County - 940 paralegals
- Santa Fe County - 140 paralegals
- Chaves County - 120 paralegals
The government projects that by 2018, the number of paralegals in the state of New Mexico will grow to 1,750. This would require a 13% growth in the profession.
On average, paralegals earn $39,430 per year. In 2010, however, some New Mexico paralegals earned as little as less than $25,370 per year or as much as more than $65,240 per year. The counties in New Mexico with the highest average salary for a paralegal are:
- Santa Fe County - $46,380 per year
- Bernalillo County - $39,330 per year
- San Juan County - $38,570 per year
On average, paralegals earns the least in the following New Mexico counties:
- Chaves County - $33,890 per year
- Dona Ana County - $35,730 per year
- Cibola County - $37,470 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional New Mexico statistics regarding a career in paralegal studies. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as homeland security or paralegal.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies in New Mexico
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies in New Mexico
Curious what studying Paralegal gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Mexico
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||1,380||$39,430||3.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paralegal related jobs in New Mexico